Gallagher Collapses On Stage

3/11/2011 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Gallagher collapsed onto his back, clutching his chest during his performance tonight in Rochester, MN -- and TMZ has learned he was rushed to a hospital by ambulance.

0310_gallagher_ex

Multiple witnesses tell TMZ Gallagher was doing his famous sledge-o-matic routine when he fell backwards onto the stage. We're told his eyes were closed and he was shaking.

Doctors -- who happened to be in the audience -- rushed on stage and straightened out Gallagher's arms ... and waited by his side until the ambulance arrived.

Story developing...

queen love

Well, they said that death comes in threes: last comic standing guy on Monday, Mike Starr on Tuesday, Gallagher say "Hello" to Toni and tell her that I think about everyday. I love her so much.

Annie

Gallagher = comedy genius! I hope he is ok : )

Raejean

We loved him years ago but were very disappointed and disgusted by a live performance last year. I remember him mentioning heart problems, maybe a bypass?

If his humor was any indication, he is a changed man.

However, I do hope he will be okay.

Bambi

I thought Sheen was #1 on the celebrity death pool tonight, Gallagher better not go first and screw it all up.

Katie

Sounds like he will live. He was performing at a local bar and was awake when he left by ambulance.

sem

If he clutched his chest it probably wasn't a heart attack. I believe if that's the case you feel the pain in your left arm, correct?

I saw him perform about 25 years ago. My friend and I saw him standing by the door before the show and asked him for an autograph. He refused, telling us he didn't sign autographs. No one else was around and we were kids so I thought that was lousy, but man, during that show I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life even to this day.

Brian B.

Awww...poor guy.

Me

I was there, he did not clutch his chest, he did his sledge hammer on a pie and went down. We all thought it was part of the act. He was agitated earlier in the act but everyone thought it was part of the act. Hope all is well for him. We still enjoyed the night wit cherry bomb shots and rootbeer barrel shots WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

PKD

Kinda scary to think that any doctor might think that Gallagher was entertaining.

JLS

Sounds like a serious seizure. I hope he's going to be just fine.

Magola

Good! I hope this makes him have to retire. I saw him years ago at an amusement park, and he went off on a homophobic tirade. Adios, M.F.'er.

Pegasus

I hope and pray that he will recover. I have enjoyed watching him for years. My prayers are with you Gallager for a speedy recovery. Thank you for all the years of laughter.

cynical me

I met him, he did a show at my the hotel my husband runs. He was a jerk, he wouldn't talk to anyone before or after the show. He came on, made a few jokes and smashed some stuff and walked out and didn't say a word to anyone. He also drinks a lot.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

like the fact you use a picture from like 20 years ago..this clown looks half dead now adays

NelsonH

Hope he's OK health wise, but seriously hope he stops performing. He's a huge douche. Loved the guy before I saw his show in person. It's a train wreck (he actually made a little girl cry on stage). I loved the 80s comedy specials, thought it was great for the time, but the guy is just doing it for the money now. At the show I got his autograph on a Gallagher T-shirt I bought at the official signing before the show. I said I was a big fan and he basically ignored me and brushed me off like a fly. No "thank you", no "kiss my foot", no nothing.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments