Jack Black Sends School Band To Disneyland!

3/11/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jack Black just dropped more than $10,000 so a group of music students could travel to Disneyland to perform in a parade tomorrow ... TMZ has learned.

0310_jack_black_disneyland_EX

The whole thing came to fruition thanks to Jack's mom -- who lives in Tonasket, Washington and is a HUGE supporter of the local music programs.

We're told the band -- made up of local high school and middle school students -- entered a Disneyland contest and were selected to perform at the Magic Kingdom ... but there was a catch -- they had to pay for their own travel expenses.

We're told the community was rallying to raise the cash -- when Jack caught wind and came through with a MONSTER donation.

The band arrived in L.A. yesterday after a two-day bus trip and will perform in the Town Square parade this afternoon. After that, we're told the kids will all have dinner with their famous benefactor.

"And we shall teach rock ‘n’ roll to the world."

Lanie

What an awesome human being!!!

chicagannie

Kudos to Jack - well done, sir!

Jennifer

This is SO awesome of him!! Regardless of whether his donation is a drop in the bucket to him, this is going to mean the world to those kids. I grew up in the same county and I can tell you, this is going to be such an inspiring and motivating experience for most of those kids.

I know we have a lot of celebrities who do a great deal of good work overseas but it's refreshing to see someone so selflessly contribute domestically.

Pat

Just had lunch with Jack at the DGA! Totally cool dude!

Kinkin

Jack Black is just one of these people that I can't find something to dislike about. He seems like such a genuinely nice guy. I love how he gets in there and hosts the Kids Choice Award and now this. I'm actually a little jealous of all these kids getting to have dinner with him, lol.

Roger

Thank You Jack from a former Tonasket band member! (77-81)

Lori

Wow... great story. More kids and teens should be involved in music, dance, art, etc and there just isn't the kind of funding for those programs as there always seems to be for sports. Way to go, Jack!

Jason Radcliff

Pretty good publicity stunt and it only cost 10,000 well its better then nothing, with what he's worth would it of hurt him to pick up the whole bill?

Terra

Ahah!
I was in this band in 6th and 7th grade.
Tonasket is a TINY town.
I don't go to school there anymore but I was born and raised there(:
Great to see such a small town on TMZ!!
Jack is a great person.
His aunt was my teacher in junior high.
His cousin is my teacher currently in high school.
And his father is good friends with my dad.
Way to go Jack! :D