'Friday' Singer Rebecca Black

People Want Me to Die

3/18/2011 9:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

13-year-old Rebecca Black says she's been getting hate mail over her overnight smash hit, "Friday" -- with one person telling her to "die."

0318_black_launch

Black went on "GMA" this morning ... and explained how she cried when she first started receiving the nasty comments.

Among the hate mail, Black says she received notes that read, "I hope you cut yourself and I hope you get an eating disorder so you'll look pretty and I hope you go cut and die. "

Black explained, "I felt like this was my fault. And I shouldn't have done this, and this is all because of me. And now I don't feel that way."

As for her next move -- Rebecca says she desperately wants to sing a duet with Justin Bieber.

Donald

I wonder why people take the time to write to this chick to tell her she sucks...i must admit that when i first heard this song, i found i thought it was a joke and then realized it was real...i made me feel irritated because it reminded me of how crappy pop music is today, and how lazy people are for listening to this crap and convincing themselves they like this talentless dribble instead of seeking something beyond what's thrown in their faces on mtv...that being said, going out of your way to insult a thirteen year old girl is almost as bad as spreading this bad music throughout the radio waves.

SwiftyCG

Yeah her video is really bad and singing I looked her up how did she even get a contract?

Sad sad

The song is bad. So so bad. She better get use to it. The nasty comments will never stop. She's might be 13 but it doesn't change the fact the song is bad. Now she's famous for writing a very bad song. Thanks America. She reminds me of Winnie Cooper.

robin

there is no volume on this vidio and and billy ray cyrus video?????????????

Hutch

So, let me get this straight. Today is Friday, so tomorrow is Thursday? Right? No wait...today is Saturday and tomorrow is Friday? Ah hell, I need to go back and watch that crap video again and have her teach me the days of the week.

debschira

PEOPLE ARE JUST MEAN PERIOD................OR AS ONE POSTER ON HERE PUT IT, JUST MISERABLE IN THEIR OWN LIVES...............AS MY FATHER USED TO SAY "MISERY LOVES COMPANY"

Dee

I've listened to the song....Rebecca shouldn't worry about what the 'haters' think. She's actually a pretty good singer, it's just that the song choice was.....well...cheesy. But hey, she's THIRTEEN guys. People need to leave her alone. I bet if she'd been like any other singer her age who released an album, people wouldn't be being so callous, rude, obnoxious, even SICK towards her.

Don't give up on your dream, Rebecca. It's YOUR dream, not theirs. And no one in the world is allowed to steal your dreams.

Wiley

The real problem is the adults who try to stay relevant by promoting these children when they have no talent. GMA is responsible for any hate coming her way now. There are thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of teens recording music videos and posting them online, all thinking they will be the next Bieber. They don't know that Bieber had a pile of money and a team of professional promoters backing him. They think he was just "discovered" and became famous overnight. This girl is just one of the vast herd of sheeple that keep untalented "artists" in the business. These same sheeple will spit on anyone with real talent because they refuse to accept the concept that some people have talent and some don't. They are taught that you can be anything you want if you just try hard enough. So not true.

clever

hearing the 'song'made my ears cry.

Nee

Whether the song is good or not...and whether she wants to become famous or not..it is not okay to tell a thirteen year old to go die or to develop an eating disorder. The world may not be all "roses and stuff" but this is ridiculous. I imagine people that say this crap don't have a kid. If you did, would you be okay with your kid being told to go hurt themselves? And grow a back bone? She is a KID people.

dude

Are you guys serious? This is a little girl. You all must feel really awesome about yourselves right now, bullying a little girl. This is one of those times you should just keep your rejected little mouths shut. If she was an adult then say what you want but she's not. WOWWWWW!!!!

Spike

@Stiletto: Are you kidding me? We're hating on her because she's a white female. You, sir, are sorely mistaken. Obviously you're either deaf or you watch the video with the sound turned off.

mere

Of course she wants to sing with Justin Bieber. *rolls eyes*

Jenn

I think people are just tired of parents pimping out their children and the whole 15 minutes of fame thing. I heard she made this video because there's a market for "producers" to make videos for rich teenagers (with parent's money). I think people are just tired of rich brats like the new show "outrageous childrens' parties etc. Barf. Focus on your kid's education, people. GMA is guilty for even dealing with it as well. Your 15 minutes are up, honey.

tgrfan42069

dont sing a duet with justin if you dont like death threats.his crazy fans will give you death threats if you look at him and smile.ask selena gomez