Disco Queen Loleatta Holloway -- Dead at 64

3/22/2011 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Loleatta Holloway -- famous for her soul hit “Love Sensation" -- has died.

0322_lolleatta_holloway_bn_getty

According to her manager Ron Richardson, the Chicago-born singer was battling a brief illness when she died of heart failure yesterday.

Boy George expressed his love for Holloway on his Twitter this morning, saying, “God rest your soul Loleatta Holloway, you were the greatest voice and I loved you! R.I.P.”

Loleatta was 64.

NDNchief

Frist ! R.I.P. Disco Lady

AyeJay

It's sad how this doesn't have any comments pretty much but the whole Chris Brown sh-t has over 550. SMFH.

MJFan4Life

@AyeJay...My thoughts exactly when I seen there was only 2 comments. But I guess no comments is better than the trash people here usually write.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends. May you rest in peace Loleatta...Thanks for the music!

MJFan4Life

bon

lot of young ppl on this site. This women had the greatest. most soulful voice of all. Thanks LH!

jasmine

r.i.p. auntie> you will be greatly missed.... love jazzy....

Tom

I loved dancing to her music and still do !!! had the pleasure of meeting her once, she was "Sensational" !!!!

Penthouse

I'm gonna still get on Folks! nerves playing your music, It's "TIMELESS"

Cino

She was BIG....BIG as any Diva in music!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

from the era of "Studio 1"...to "Studio 54"

Thank you Diva for your voice and power!

Ron Richardson

Thanks for the the Kind words and support about
Ms. Loleatta Holloway a Sensational iconic Lady
There will be an all public viewing on 3/31/11 info below.
Location: Rainbow operation push/Reverend Jessie Jackson
930 E 50st Chicago il60...615 contact:773-256-2719
Time: 1pm- 6pm
Then 4/1/11 Family and Friends only!!!
Time wake 5.30pm- 6.30pm then Going home service 6.30pm- 9.30pm
Legendary singer Melba Moore will pay Tribute at Home Going
Remember to love one another with Kindness:)
Ron Richardson Hushtown Ent.Manager of Ms. Loleatta Holloway

Aaron Ferguson

Another true Diva lost to the clutches of Death...taken far to early! Loleatta, you will be sadly missed and your music will continue to be played and enjoyed! I'ma gay male and EVERY time I go out clubbing her hit "Love Sensation" is played and enjoyed by everyone!
Does anyone know if she was buried or cremated? And where?

Rest In peace X

Debbie

Loleatta, HOUSE QUEEN DIVA!!!you were the "sensation" of our neighborhood on the west-side of Chicago. We were proud. Everybody knew her and her family the Holloways. One big down to earth family. The lived on Richmond and we lived one street over on Sacramento. I ran into her one day in the late 80's/early 90's and she was such a funny person. She had me rolling, telling me about how she was on German TV showing out and going off about that Black Box ripoff of her song. Boy was she mad hot! Not long after that she called me up and told me she put on her fur coat went up to that bogus record company and tore the record cover in half right in their faces! She was fearless and on a rampage and I don't blame her! She won that lawsuit too! I just got home from her funeral that was fit for the queen that she was. A large gathering, beautiful flowers everywhere very dignified, with a small fleet of white limos and a white hearse parked in front of PUSH/Jesse Jackson's church. Melba Moore sang Precious Lord. She said Loleatta was protective of her like a big sister. A Beautiful service for a humble & beautiful person. God Bless and good rest. You earned it!

oleman

RIP..she was one of my favorites from the 70's!!!