Hanks Sues Insurance Agent: Like a Bad Neighbor

3/22/2011 7:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are suing their former insurance broker, claiming he gauged, defrauded and embezzled them out of a fortune.

Tom Hanks

Hanks, Wilson and others claim they worked with J.B. Goldman Insurance Agency for more than 20 years, using the company to procure homeowners, directors and other business policies.

According to the suit, obtained by TMZ, Hanks and Wilson switched brokers last month and the new broker allegedly discovered gross overcharging for various policies.

The suit claims the broker overcharged them, insured them multiple times for the same things, and engaged in a "predatory embezzlement scheme" that cost all the plaintiffs hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars.

The suit seeks unspecified damages.

BroRo

Insurance companies are horrible!! I hope they get what they deserve....

Lupe

Brooke

I understand. Time Warner Cable overcharged and scammed me, and I'm suing!

Staci

Tom Hanks doesn't work enough. We could do with a bit more, please.

BREAKFAST4

my insurance agent charges me for moon earthquakes and I am fine with it.

bob

"And watch your money"

- Del Paxton

Where's KOOKY?

TMZ -- you might want to consider changing the headline in this story. You are implying, with "like a bad neighbor," that somehow the State Farm Insurance Company is involved in this matter.

I realize you're trying to be cute with a play on words, but some SF agents who may be reading this blog might not find it so amusing.

Just sayin'.

Staci

They say TV is an exicting venture. There's a fresh crop of little ones that could use some help coming up in the world. I'd even say we all could use some help coming up in this big mean old world.

BREAKFAST4

Just sayin'.

Posted at 3:35 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by Where's KOOKY?

STFU, I am amused and State Farm is not immune to ripping people off, examples EVERY Hurricane, tornado ever to hit the US.

Tea Party Mom

Too bad there's no insurance for a wrinkled, bloated face.

newmexkid

Maybe it was a mistake, but TMZ really meant to say that Tom was "gouged", not "gauged" by the insurance company.

Room Service

Too bad there's no insurance for a wrinkled, bloated face.

Posted at 3:38 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by Tea Party Mom

______________________________________________________

But there is an excuse for you thank God... you are just stupid...and I am sad to say, "You Can't Fix Stupid", your stuck with it the rest of your life. You're a very shallow person...

Room Service

Too bad there's no insurance for a wrinkled, bloated face.

Posted at 3:38 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by Tea Party Mom

______________________________________________________

But there is an excuse for you thank God... you are just stupid...and I am sad to say, "You Can Fix Stupid", your stuck with it the rest of your life. You're a very shallow person...

Mark Proctor

Criminal

sirrah

I hope they have a policy for acts of God- just in case
'the big one' ever hits L.A.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments