Chris Brown

Apologizes for 'GMA' Outburst

3/24/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown finally apologized for his destructive behavior at "Good Morning America" -- but he made sure to take a few shots at the show at the same time.

Chris Brown Apology
Though Robin Roberts says Brown was aware she was going to ask about Rihanna, Chris told a different story on last night's "106 & Park" on BET -- where he said the talking points approved by his people were all about "positivity" and his new album.

Brown says he was "thrown off" by Robin's line of questioning -- and said she only brought up the Rihanna incident in an effort to "exploit me."

The singer says he then exploded backstage "to release the anger that I had inside me," adding that "I got very emotional and I apologize for that."

For their part, ABC News this morning said "Chris Brown was invited on 'Good Morning America' to perform and be interviewed. There were no talking points offered."

On this morning's "GMA," Robin added "It's time to move on."

John

Apology not accepted. You apologize, not make excuses. This is not sincere. What a POS!

Scrum

Ha Ha Can you imagine what would happen in the real world if you ripped off your shirt and threw a chair at the window at work just because someone was asking questions about your past unlawful behavior? Especially during an interview?

Melissa

What a jerk. Be an adult, all he had to say was that he didnt want to talk about Rihanna. He's childish and has anger management issues. Your in the public eye...you are not always going to have it your way.

People keep giving him all this attention so therefore he will continue to act like a @$$!

Amanda

He chose a life that is about living in the spotlight. He can choose to move on all he wants, but the fact is he chose this lifestyle and accepted these terms. He doesn't like it but it comes with the territory, so he better get used to it. People will always bring up his past. The best real way to handle it is to just be honest. Answer the questions in a positive fashion and then promote whatever it is you're promoting.

He would've gotten much more respect in the public eye by composing himself like a gentleman...but no. He has no self-control, and because of that he will always be a joke. That my friends, is the price of fame. Be careful what you wish for.

Notaparazzzi

What a joke ...

Step 1. Gets angry

Step 2. Gets violent, hurts people and/or breaks stuff

Step 3. Apologizes but still blames everyone else

Step 4. Rewind Play.

This guys is a wife-beater, as they say in the South and his music is over-processed and mediocre.

I hope his career tanks.

Stan

He seems to have little or no control of his impulses.

drake

What a total loser. He's learned absolutely nothing and will probably be the same little immature
f**k for the rest of his pathetic life.

INeverLie

#87 - Jwoolman

Great post.

HarryPalms

Compulsive apologizing is meaningless

pammie8

@michael hines
thats why your just as much of a ****ty disgusting "human being" as this pos! Unbelievable that anyone would actually admit they would "punch a woman in the face" for asking a question you didnt like. Your despicable!

mrs t

#87 said it better than i could..
chris brown blew it.

Mark

What a loser! He sounds so much like a wife beater. "I did it because I love my fans!" lol The poor fans are the ones who were victimized by GMA and I the anger was because he loves them so much! hahaha

He's the guy from Sleeping With The Enemy.

Christina

Ok let me start by saying that I am a 32 year old woman so I have had time to learn how to control my anger. But CHris Brown is still a kid not a responsible adult! He was 19 when all this happened and lord knows I did plenty to be ashamed of when I was 19 and younger but I guess none of you ever did?! It is time for everyone to let this go, I watched that interview and he was trying to stear her away from the questions but she wouldn't go. As an ADULT I know I would have called her out on it on the air and told her to knock it off or I am leaving but again he is still a KID and he lost his temper. I hope all you judgemental people never have a kid that makes a mistake or gets into a fight at school because it is obvious that you will hold it against them forever. By the way I guess it is fine for Rhianna to glorify it with all her new songs about abuse and S&M, just sayin....

Tammy

I'm really disappointed in BET sucking up to this abuser and giving him airtime!

Posted at 6:36 AM on Mar 24, 2011 by tea

This why, as a black person, I no longer watch or support BET. I did when I was growing up, but as soon as I realized they eeally only care anbout skin color and not about the caliber of black people, I stopped.

TXluvsMJ2

ABC brought it on themselves. "It's time to move on," is another way of saying, "We lied," or at minimum, "we exaggerated." Initially Robin said that guests are always informed about questions that will be asked. Now an ABC rep says no points of discussion were offered. So somebody at ABC is obviously lying.

Amazing how a lot of people spin this to make Chris the bad guy (again). Yes he made a mistake, haven't we all, but seriously, to quote Robin (who I'm not finding very credible right now), "it's time to move on."

Oh yeah Robin, physician heal thyself. You should have "moved on" when you brought the whole subject up in the first place. Guess you won't be getting that much-coveted promotion from ABC since they don't even have your back on this one.