Liz Taylor's Funeral

The A-List Rabbi

3/24/2011 5:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Liz Taylor's funeral will be officiated by a man with plenty of celebrity experience -- because he's helped bury dozens of them ... TMZ has learned.

Liz Taylor Funeral
Taylor is having a traditional Jewish burial ceremony at Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, CA right now -- and the man doing the service is Rabbi Jerry Cutler

Cutler has presided over the funeral services for Milton Berle, Shelley Winters, Walter Matthau, Red Buttons and Jan Murray.

We're told Cutler had met Taylor through Jon Voight ... and Taylor's family specifically requested Rabbi Cutler to do her funeral.

charles

RIP, and there is a wonderful view there of the mountains beyond
Peace from (no capital letter) charles

Chuck D of Valpo

On occasion you would see her wear a cross around her neck. She was covering her bets. Nothing wrong with that. The lady could sure act. Today's young actresses could learn a lot by watching her movies.

andrea

to poster#8:

In the Jewish faith, the dead have to be buried within 24 hours since we do not use anything to preserve the body (formaldehyde or whatever else is used.).So Jewish law demands a quick burial.

Rich

Liz...go in PEACE. Thanks for the memories.

Marlyn

yes in the Jewish religion the person is buried within 24 hours of death but there are no burials on sabbath- if the person dies on Friday or Saturday they are buried on Sunday- also the Jewish religion does not believe in cremation

Howie

@Chuck D of Valpo: She had respect and affinity for both the traditions, values and people of the religion of her birth, Christianity, and for those of the religion she converted to, Judaism. I also read that she never stopped wearing a Cross so it and Christianity meant something to her.

She said she didn't convert because she was going to marry the singer Eddie Fisher who was Jewish, but because she found comfort in the Jewish religion after her husband Mike Todd died in a plane crash and it was something she wanted to do for a long time.

She was a kind person suffered tragedies in her life and who supported her friends when they went through difficult times, as Rock Hudson and Michael Jackson did, and she helped raise awareness and funds for charities.

May she rest in peace.

Lagoon

Andrea,
Thanks for the information. I did not know that those of the Jewish faith were not embalmed. Sounds more natural and desirable to me.

Nancy

True about cremation in the Jewish Religion as in other religions as well .. I am Jewish, I shall be cremated as was the rest of my immediate family .. and will not be 'in the ground' within 24 hours as there will be an autopsy & must fly to where my immediate family is .. but YES, it is true ..

R.I.P. and thank you again for all your kindness to so many things and to me too. You did SO much on that production for your friend .. getting him a part .. unfortunately, he could not do it as the alcohol was his demon .. you were at Cedars Sinai each night after work as he lay in a coma . you were there until his final day. A wonderful friend and a wonderful person .. so much for so many .. you will be missed. No one EVER will be as beautiful as you .. and you did it all without botox .. et al.

Nancy

lalaland

#5: I'm so sorry. It must be horrible to go through life so ignorant and alone.

lisa2

Was Mike Todd jewish?
Why do jewish men always make their gentile wives convert it is ridiculous.

who farted

She doesn't look jewish

Nancy

She converted to Judaism and NOT true about Gentile men making their wives convert .. they want to because they LOVE the man they are marrying .. as was said before, she did NOT want to convert for Eddie Fisher . she did not do it .but for Mike Todd (who was Jewish) she wanted to as she loved him very much . the new book out about her says that Mike Todd was the love of her life, not Richard Burton .. she was supposed to be in the plane that crashed with Mike but she was too sick to go .. Or we would not have had her around to make so many films as she did .. we have a LOT of wonderful memories as does her family .. As I said before . her son Chris Wilding, whom I know well .. looks just like her ..

Nancy

#28 .. I do NOT look Jewish either .. no one believed I was .. what difference does it make anyway? .. She did what she wanted to do .. as do I. I have not had any kind of plastics or botox either. There are many people who do not look like you feel they should look .. dumb statement to make, IMHO.

anonymous

Are any of, or how many of, Elizabeth's former husbands also buried at Forest Lawn - Glendale?

Posted at 2:33 PM on Mar 24, 2011 by SiouxCityBoy
_____________________________________________________

Mr.Michael Jackson is there.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments