Celeb Chefs to 'Wish' Kid -- We'll Cook With You!

3/26/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two TV chefs have stepped up to the plate -- and have offered to cook for a "Make-A-Wish" kid who was snubbed by "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten ... TMZ has learned.

0325-symon-macmillan-ina-getty-EX
Food Network star Beau MacMillan and "Iron Chef" Michael Symon are both reaching out to 6-year-old Enzo ... hoping they can fill the void Garten left after she turned down the kid's "wish" to cook a meal together.

In fact, MacMillan tells us he's ready to fly Enzo and his entire family out to Arizona STAT -- put them up in a fancy resort and treat them all to a VIP dinner at his 5-star restaurant.

MacMillan says he also wants to bring Enzo into the kitchen so they can prepare the meal together.

As for Symon -- the chef tells us he'll be in Enzo's home state of Oregon in the very near future and would be more than happy to swing by Enzo's house to "cook a dish" with him too.

Bon appetit!

Bobo Frog

Uh, MarkMadness (#49)....you just described 95% of the TMZ readers, too. The Republican ones may not watch Oprah, but they're still pretty doughy. Just saying....

Disgusted

Go to this site to let Ina Garten know how you feel.

dd

Love Michael, and forget Inez she'd probably eat all the food anyway.

Davey Boy

Finally, a great and heart-warming story on TMZ. Excellent that these two chefs are offering to do this.

gutsygirl

To those saying, "well, she granted X amount of wishes before"... Do you really think that matters to Enzo?! If a HUNDRED dying children asked to meet with me as their DYING WISH I would grant them all, hell or high water. She's a turd and I hope Enzo makes a full recovery, grows up to be a bad ass MMA fighter, and personally puts the smack down on this stupid bitch.

Posted at 6:26 AM on Mar 26, 2011 by Steph

The cruel reality of life is that sometimes the answer is just
"no." By your reasoning she should grant every wish of every child who asks. Sadly, that's not possible, nor is it fair to Ina. Maybe before people call others names they should look at what they personally do to help these ill children. Do you make a donaton? Do you volunteer your time in whatever may be needed? If not, you have no right to criticize those who do.

Bobo Frog

gutsygirl....true, but look at that photo, that kids sooooooo cute. It's hard not to be pulled by the TMZ strings....ya know? Look at his cute little face. Doesn't it make you want to poop on Ina Garten's doorstep?

John

WAY TO GO MICHAEL & BEAU!!! CONGRATS to both of you!
Ina must be to busy cooking chicken for Jeffrey! I hope her action will "COOK HER GOOSE" on FOOD NETWORK! I will NEVER WATCH HER SHOW.. BOYCOTT THIS BITCH! SELF CENTERED BITCH!

dd

oops meant ina.

iwantaknow

i guarantee you with another chef than the one the child wanted the kid will get a much better meal

jen

FACE IT, Ina can only do so much. I am sure she has honored other requests. This is one of I am sure many that she just could not do.

TMZ is making mountains out of molehills. JEEZ.

wenzy

BRAVO TO THE CHEFS! FAT AZZ GARTEN HAS PLENTY OF TIME TO RECORD ON CAMERA COOKING FOR THAT LAZY HUBBY OF HERS BUT THIS CHILD IS ON BORROWED TIME. I DOUBT PAULA DEEN WOULD HAVE EVER SAID NO. I UNDERSTAND ABOUT COMMITMENTS BUT HOW LONG WOULD IT REALLY TAKE TO ALLOW A CHILD, WITH CANCER, HELP YOU COOK AN ALREADY SCHEDULED MEAL? BOO ON HER! I WILL NEVER WATCH HER SHOW AGAIN!!

Lucy

#63, he has requested TWICE and said he would wait until after her book tours or WHENEVER it was good for her and she said that every wish just can't be granted. She is now the ****essa in my book.

Davey Boy

I don't get the Food Network on my cheapo cable plan, but if I did, I wouldn't watch her now.

SoThere

Too bad Ina,,,now you look like an unfeeling egomaniac.
Fire your PR person.
Really Ina, you couldn't grant a sick little boy's wish? REALLY?
Nice.

Momma

I would like to congratualte these 2 men on there willingness to come forward and cook with this boy. To Steve who keeps calling that baby stupid, dude, you HAVE GOT TO BE jealous. Otherwise you wouldn't be saying that. Maybe there is a VERY good reason that Ina couldnt do it and that is why they are stepping up. They said that her reason for denying Enzo's wish would be told shortly so let us wait and see before judgment is passed on her. I can tell you for myself that if it isn't good enough, my family and I have voted and have agreed if she doesn't have a good excuse, NO MORE BAREFOOT CONTESSA in our house.