Celeb Chefs to 'Wish' Kid -- We'll Cook With You!

3/26/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two TV chefs have stepped up to the plate -- and have offered to cook for a "Make-A-Wish" kid who was snubbed by "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten ... TMZ has learned.

0325-symon-macmillan-ina-getty-EX
Food Network star Beau MacMillan and "Iron Chef" Michael Symon are both reaching out to 6-year-old Enzo ... hoping they can fill the void Garten left after she turned down the kid's "wish" to cook a meal together.

In fact, MacMillan tells us he's ready to fly Enzo and his entire family out to Arizona STAT -- put them up in a fancy resort and treat them all to a VIP dinner at his 5-star restaurant.

MacMillan says he also wants to bring Enzo into the kitchen so they can prepare the meal together.

As for Symon -- the chef tells us he'll be in Enzo's home state of Oregon in the very near future and would be more than happy to swing by Enzo's house to "cook a dish" with him too.

Bon appetit!

FaithLynette

*CLASSY*!! Well done, GUYS.

Cricket

#58...We're not saying Ina should grant every wish from every child but she SHOULD grant every wish from every child as sick as Enzo. I mean REALLY...how many children would want to cook with her as their biggest wish? She should be flattered beyond belief. By the way, my money goes to St. Jude every year and if any of the patients wanted to cook with me, I'd be there with my wooden spoon in a heartbeat!

Cricket

#44...you are a troll.

Kathy

That was nice of them to offer. Food Network execs should also offer up something too in the spirit of giving.

Ina, I used to watch your show but no longer! Maybe you should change your name to Ima B!!!!

Gwen

Shame on you Ina! Too busy to honor a fan's dying wish so you can sell more books! Now as an EX fan of yours, I will no longer watch your show or buy any of your books. You have NOTHING to offer. Hopefully others will follow.

John Jameson

Michael Symon You ROCK!!

Boycott Evil INA

Please everyone. I cried also when I heard this.

That boy is so cute and he is terminal.

The least Ina could do is cook a meal with him.

Thank you TMZ for bringin this to us.

INA BOYCOTT IN EFFECT
So far 3000 mentions on Facebook and Youtube

Media Inquiries
Sinead@BarefootContessa.com
Please contact Barbara Libath
(631) 324-0884

Tony

Sinead@BarefootContessa.com

Write this bytch and let he know she is s***!

Christine

I was so Happy to hear of other chefs to take charge and offer this boy his dream! I'm so proud of them both for being such beautiful big hearted men and teaching him there are good hearted people who love and care about him. God Bless you all! Forget about Ina! I will NEVER BUY OR WATCH ANYTHING OF HERS AGAIN!

Just Nasty

Kudo's to you guys. You will be blessed because of your unselfish ways. Thank you so much. I will continue to watch Food Network but, I will never, ever watch Ina again!!!

Kelly Scanlon

I USED to like Barefoot Contessa...I can give her a little slack for timing issues but TWICE? Your true colors have shown - you are egocentric, selfish and I will not watch anothe rof your shows nor buy ANYTHING you endorse.....

pepperelf

Excellent! Love to hear this!

TMZgossip

when Lorenzo's family accepts this offer and flys out to the show... and he cooks a meal on air -- it will 100% prove that this was all about publicity, and NOT about this "poor child's wish" to connect with the woman he watched on tv with his mom.

it's all about publicity and scamming for $$

M.T.

Go to Food Network and complain about Ina at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/contact-us/package/index.html

Dustin

As someone said, we are only getting one side. Who knows, maybe Ina doesn't deal well with children (how many have you seen on her show?) and didn't want to have an awkward situation where she couldn't really connect with this kiddo. Since we don't really know her reasons, perhaps we should give her somewhat of a benfit of the doubt on this one. It is just that this one got out so she looks bad, but I would guarantee you there are celebrities/athletes who turn down make-a-wish on a daily basis. I appreciate the commenters that are choosing to heap the praise on Beau & Michael for doing something cool for the kid, instead of being negative when they don't know Ina's reasoning for not doing it.

Tom Cruise

There are still plenty of good people out there ready to step up and do the right thing. Right on.