Jeff Bridges -- The EMOTIONAL Bombshell

3/29/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jeff Bridges spilled his guts to TMZ last night -- opening up about everything from "Lebowski" to the high school experience that changed his life ... and it ended with one of the most EMOTIONAL moments we've ever caught on tape.

It started outside Toscana restaurant in L.A. -- after The Dude finished a meal with cinematographer Alan Kozlowski ... who did all the visual effects for "Independence Day" and "Volcano."

After Bridges made a shocking confession about his "Lebowski" bowling skills ... he explained how his parents turned him from an "under achiever" into a motivated person ... by sending him to military school.

Now for the emotional part -- after 15 minutes of candid conversation, Bridges decided it was time for the photog to open up about his personal life ... and asked him to look into the camera and deliver a personal message to somebody he cares about.

Our photog tried to joke his way out of it ... but Bridges somehow knew the guy was holding back. You just gotta see the way the exchange ends ...

Tracy

I rarely click on the videos but I did simply because it's Dude. I didn't think I could possibly like him more but now I do. He really is a nice, heartfelt guy. Awesome.

M.T.

What that young man said was really beautiful, doesnt matter what he was referring to. I loved this :)

@cheffie521

jackson

How completely awesome is Jeff Bridges? I love that guy. If only the rest of Hollywood were half as decent and kind as he is.

GreenJeans

I think its awesome that, 20sec into the second video, your brain dead photog tells the guy who shot Independance Day, "make sure you get the shot"

Inouno Nyx

This, in my opinion, is the most valuable story TMZ has broken in weeks. To see that people can still connect on the most basic level is unquestionably beautiful. Most will glaze over this article; few will watch it, but those who do, and understand the humanity behind it will smile a little brighter today. I'm not yet twenty - and far from it - and I can appreciate the emotion behind the words of both your camera man and Jeff Bridges. Harvey, please, I hope this story makes the show.

Posted at 9:21 AM on Mar 29, 2011 by Kathryn Leigh

Well said, my friend. It is beautiful how he completely disarms the guy.

Coco

Beautiful! That's the best thing you've ever posted. My best wishes to that photographer.

ckat

WOW TMZ WHAT A STORY!!!! SNORE!!!

dog

I wanna hang out with Jeff Bridges...that was awesome!

Julie London

Nice. Nothing more compelling than real life. Hope the dude is recognized.

JustaGuy

Its nice to see someone who actually knows how to frame a shot holding the video camera. (Alan Kozlowski)

TMZ let this be a lesson for you. GET REAL CAMERA GUYS.
Your site gets way too many views everyday to have crappy interviewers and crappy video/sound.
Step up your game.

jason

That was really really cool.

Jeff Bridges is a real person.

Helen

What nice down to earth guy,Jeff keep it real Jeff

marimar

GREAT! WHAT A JOY NOT TO SEE THE ASS OF KIM K. OR HER SLUTTY, UNTALENTED SISTERS. I THINK JEFF IS DRUNK OFF HIS ASS BUT FUNNY AS HELL AND SURE SEEMS LIKE A NICE GUY. I WOULD LOVE TO HANG OUT WITH HIM. HE SEEMS TO BE SO IN TOUCH WITH BEING HUMAN AND NOT ABOUT THE BULL****. I THINK HE MUST HAVE HAD GREAT PARENTS AND A GREAT CHILDHOOD.

patricia bast

Jeff Bridges is a dream!!! amazing interview!!! He's truly a remarkable human being!!
And its not a generation thing, my mom loves him, my grandma loves him,and I love him! (and I'm 23!)
More Jeff Bridges! :)

Deeb

Uh...big setup and 3rd screen missing??

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments