« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Jordan -- Still Smokin' the Competition

4/1/2011 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jordan's even the greatest of all time at retirement -- with lit cigar and beverage in hand ... he hosted the Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational golf tourney in Las Vegas yesterday.

0401_michael_jordan_splash
Drink it all in.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Christopher Kandrat

MJ is still going strong even in retirement and I bet he whips all the competition in golf and any sport.

Hisjules

test

fstblk

#14 TMZDON'T LIKE ME!!!!YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!!! GREAT ANSWER FOR THE MORON THAT POSTED THAT BULL!!!!!
THANX!!!!!!!

jgeezy

#16 everybodies eyes are that color you can only notice it more because he is black as the fab 5 socks.

JJ

MICHAEL JORDAN MAY BE GETTING FATTER BUT HE IS STILL THE MOST AMAZING ATHLETE ANYONE CAN VERY HAVE THE PRVILEAGE TO MEET IN PERSON, HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN SAY THEY MET THE GOAT, I STILL WATCH HIS HIGHLIGHTS FROM HIS OLDER WIZARD PLAYING DAYS AND LET ME TELL YOU EVEN HE WAS STILL AWESOME JUST HAPPEN TO BE ON A TERRIBLE TEAM,THIS MAN TRANSENDED SPORTS AND LIFE OFF THE COURT THERE WAS NOT A DAY ON ESPN THAT THIS MAN WAS NOT MENTIONED IN SOME HIGHLIGHT OR ADVERTISEMENTS ON TV HE HAD IT ALL THE CHARM, LOOKS, THE GAME AND SHOES THIS MANS DRIVE CANNOT BE DUPLICATED EVER IN ANY SPORT!!!

JJ

WHO CARES IF HE IS OVERWEIGHT MICHAEL JORDAN IS THE GREATEST I STILL FIND MYSELF WATCHING HIS OLD HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE WIZARDS AND SOMETIMES THE BULLS HE WAS GREAT NO MATTER WHAT AGE HE PLAYED TILL I STILL LOVE BUYING HIS JORDAN BRAND SHOES THIS GUY WILL STILL BE FAMOUS TILL THE DAY HE DIES YOU CANT DUPLICATE THIS MANS CHARM HIS ABILITY ON THE COURT HIS GOOD LOOKS HIS SHOES HE CAPTIVATED THE WORLD AND TRANSENDED SPORTS AND HIS IMAGE WAS JUST AS BIG OFF THE COURT AS IT WAS ON IT!!!

Tom

I'm going to Shadow Creek to see Michael and friends tomorrow. Love the Carolina Blue shirt !

Chris

Wheres my stogie!!! As Michael got older he went from having basket balls to small golf balls.

PRO US

Michael Jordan was the best in his era. Wilt Chamberlain was the best in his.

They each had a career average of 30.1 points per game. Chamberlain had a higher career free throw %, almost 4 times more total rebounds per game than Jordan, and led the league in points 7 times. Jordan had a much better career free throw percentage, slightly more assists per game and led the league in points 11 times.

If you look at the players with the most points per 1 game ever, there's no comparison at all. Chamberlain blows Jordan out of the water, having 32 games in which he scored 60 points or more, while Jordan had 5 games in which he scored 60 points or more.

People at TMZ never saw Chamberlain play so they call Jordan the best ever. If they saw Chamberlain play, they might not be so sure. I saw both play and it's hard to compare them, they were both very exciting to watch. But, if I had to vote, I'd say Chamberlain was the best ever and Jordan second best ever.

j

Hey TMZ ..he is playing in NORTH Las Vegas, Not Las VEgas..two different Cities..Google it.

Workin my way to Trump status

MJ isnt fat. He practices with the Bobcats, the team he owns, every once in a while and he still got it. They said he could still play for 10-15 minutes a game and still be successful. He's not gonna do that, but don't think he can't play anymore.

Live up your retirement MJ, you deserve it. I'm just glad my hometown team (Bulls) has another MVP quality talent who plays with nearly the same fire and determination to win in Derrick Rose. MJ has even said we have something special in Rose on numerous occasions.

Julia Winston

@ Ketielynn (#15): It's not what a role model is supposed to look like. :( Wonder how many kids of my generation want to be like Mike now?

@ tonyclifton (#13): No, I bet he smells like beer and cigar smoke. Bleh. If that smells like money, then that's what I call "filthy" rich.

@ TMZ dont like me (#14): "he always said that he wanted to be fat and outta shape after he retired" -- did he say fat, smoking a cigar, and beer in hand? "He gets to snuggle up next to a Cuban model" -- not to mention an equally trashy Cuban cigar. I'm really showing my feminist bias here, but gee, if Charlie Sheen's following the same track, then one could say he's been "retired" since the time Jordan played baseball!

RazzMaTazz

What a fat piece of Wannabe! Athlete down the toilet. Suck it up America - you're about to be scammed by another _____ loser! His name be Ojama!!!

Hutch

Somewhere on that course was a couple of old white guys feeling annoyed and violated.

dave