« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Evelyn Lozada Doubles Salary on 'Basketball Wives'

4/5/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Evelyn Lozada got a HUGE raise before she struck a deal with VH1 to stay on board for Season 3 of “Basketball Wives” -- in fact, we're told she more than DOUBLED her old salary.

0404_evelyn_lozada_EX_Getty

Sources close to the production tell TMZ, Evelyn didn't get the $20k per episode she demanded ... but we're told she's "very happy" with the counter-offer.

But Evelyn didn't just get a pay bump -- we're told Producers also APOLOGIZED to Lozada for the way she was portrayed in the Season 2 finale ... a huge reason why Evelyn was hesitant to re-sign with the network.

We're told Lozada -- who threatened to leave the show after she felt the producers backstabbed her -- is happy with the new deal ... and shooting is already underway.

0221_nba_wives_guess_who_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MomofTrips

HMMMMMM.... they are doubling the salary of a woman, who I personally think is a Tranny, who isnt even a wife , let alone a Basketball wife, since she is engaged to Ochowhateverhisnameis. Last I checked he played for the NFL!! Even though the Bungles dont count cuz they suck a$$.

lily

Good job VH1, keep wasting your money. Does anyone even watch this show? I've never heard of it.

Bertha

Why is her hair BLOND

Dawn

You cant treat producers like **** and get away with it. Ask Kate Gosslin. Bet she looks worse this season.

Just Sayin

MONEY HUNGRY HOES IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch yo'self

Muppet

I can't believe there are that many people watching this show to warrant a pay raise.

Victoria

I wish TMZ and Hollywood Reporter would do some real reporting...Didn't Tom Gunn get paid NOTHING for the first seaason of his show as reported by Entertainment Weekly?

I was interviewed to appear on a Ryan Seacrist NBC show - the pay? NOTHING!

Reality Stars? Not the first season...

Soo

Its obvious that OchoCinco and paying for her nasty ass anymore. She moneythirsty.

Liz

But, What is she getting paid for exactly?? I don't understand how she is even famous, who cares if she leaves the trashy show or not, I mean who watches those shows anyway...I just don't get the trashy people in the these trashy tv shows AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

JimmyCrapCorn

she gonna need it to buy ocho some shoes

frank

All of these wives chased after & are groupies hoping to trap a basketball player. Not one of them have made it on their own & are living on the money thier husbands have provided. Not one is a role model for a woman unless you want to learn to be a hooker!

MacGuffin

Whoever she is, Evelyn Lozada is really hot.

Maileeann

She didn't like the way she was portrayed on the last episode? That's a laugh. She was a foul talking, mean, back stabbing skank throughout the entire show or at least the 3 episodes I saw. The show sucks and I am shocked that she got a raise. I really thought it would be canceled. What is wrong w/you VH1?

Sherri

I won't watch it if she comes back. She didn't MAKE the show...all of the women did, so why would she be deserving of more?

Sylvia

Black women with blond hair? Interesting.

She is beautiful, but desperate to be white, and why?

I guess I will go get a "Jerry-curl", or "Jheri-curl".

rofl

Posted at 3:16 AM on Apr 5, 2011 by Angel
_________________________________________________________

Angel, first off, she's Latina, she's mixed with Puerto Rican, and Africa American, and since when was there a rule again who can dye their hair what color, and what styles they can wear? Saying that is like saying white women want to be black because they are CONSTANTLY getting surgery on their lips to make them full like AAs, and is always either getting spray on tans, and or tanning at salons trying to achieve that golden brown beautiful color like AAs. How about you get a JERK-curl, because that's exactly what you sound like! #POW

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments