Rock Legend -- Sentenced to Jail After Heroin Bust

4/7/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Social Distortion" drummer Casey Royer was sentenced to 90 days in jail yesterday ... TMZ has learned -- after the punk legend allegedly OD'd on heroin in front of his 12-year-old son.

0314_casey_royer_mug_EX
Royer pled guilty in Orange County Superior Court to one count of being under the influence of a controlled substance. Prosecutors dismissed the child abuse and endangerment charge.

In addition to jail time, Royer -- who's currently released on bond -- was placed on formal probation for three years.

So far, a date hasn't been set for Royer to begin his sentence.

UPDATE: A rep for Royer released a statement saying, "Casey Royer, front man of the punk band DI has entered a rehab facility and is working in accordance with the courts wishes."

Carissa

DISMISSED the child endangerment and abuse? Those were the real crimes!

george clooney

Rock legend? Oh puhlease! He and Sheen are a disgrace to LIFE and I hope both perish in a brutal death! Now, you sick supporters have fun with my comments.....OD's in front of son? Sick world we live in and both are cowards. I would love 5 minutes in a room with these guys and I would put my boot so far in their rectum they would not walk for a month.

PRO US

Papillon has contributed nothing in his comment, as usual.

Papillon is a mindless clown.

What did you say with your "FIRST" comment Papillon? Nothing!

Your mind is like your comment. Completely blank.

That's kind of unfair of the state, isn't it? Instead of celebrating and congratulating the guy on surviving his OD, the authorities jail him for 90 days? But seriously, that's not cool him doing drugs in front of his son. Since he has to serve his time in California, what does a 90 days sentence mean? 12 days in prison or less? Hope he gets clean and leads a good life. His son must have been scared out of his mind. Not cool.

Slutty Whores Rock

Kicking in jail - yuk. Been there, done that, never looked back.

Rikk Agnew

It must be that "OC LIFE" is really not for him.

D

Great role model!

THIN LIZZY

RocknRoll BABY!!!

PaulWS

Talk about liberal use of the work legend. If you said is name to 100 people, you'd be lucky if 1 knew who he was.

Sam

I would think that house arrest would be a better use of taxpayer dollars. At least he can continue to work, pay for his own incarceration and continue to take care of his family. The US justice system is not good for the economy in the long run.

michelle

Rock legend? Really I never even heard of this guy or the band he is in...

3Storms

It's his own fault for not being as famous as Paris Hilton and Charlie Sheen.

PrincessGinger

@#14 - I agree. I don't think that non-violent drug offenders belong in jail... period. I know I'll get jumped all over for saying that, but imagine how much we would save if we had programs to get them in treatment instead of just throwing them in jail (where all the good drugs are, anyway)....

@#15: Social Distortion is a punk band from the OC - they are highly influential and respected, but are not mainstream by any chance. I don't know if I'd call this guy a legend, but to many who are into that genre of music, Social D are pretty legendary

Jim

Rock legend? Hardly. How intelligent do you have to be to work at TMZ? Poor spelling, bad grammar and now fake headlines. Might as well write a story about his dog crapping on the lawn. Get off your lazy butts, and find somebody that we know to write about. I`m sure Brittany has to use a bathroom somewhere.

Rocco

Please define legend, because you have lowered the bar.

Andi