Rock Legend -- Sentenced to Jail After Heroin Bust

4/7/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Social Distortion" drummer Casey Royer was sentenced to 90 days in jail yesterday ... TMZ has learned -- after the punk legend allegedly OD'd on heroin in front of his 12-year-old son.

0314_casey_royer_mug_EX
Royer pled guilty in Orange County Superior Court to one count of being under the influence of a controlled substance. Prosecutors dismissed the child abuse and endangerment charge.

In addition to jail time, Royer -- who's currently released on bond -- was placed on formal probation for three years.

So far, a date hasn't been set for Royer to begin his sentence.

UPDATE: A rep for Royer released a statement saying, "Casey Royer, front man of the punk band DI has entered a rehab facility and is working in accordance with the courts wishes."

Stumbo

Wow, I just don't know what to say......get off the "H" Casey it will kill you.....

charlie

I love to have a good time with my friends. I drink with them and we party HARD. With that being said, we always make sure we plan ahead as to who is going to be the designated driver. I do not have a kid but my friends do. My mother wants me to have a kid and says that I am not responsible because I don't want one NOW. I never partied that hard with drugs (weed sometimes, shrooms once). I hope some people would agree that if you are wanting to have a kid(S), make sure you are ready for the responsibility. I do want a kid at some point but I would never bring him into my enviroment as of now. Hope I don't sound like a lush. I jst hope this story on TMZ is not true.

Gatanegra

Pisses me off that junkys insist on breeding. Want to kill yourself, fine. Just leave the breeding to those that aren't losers.

hahahha

He's more known for being in DI than Social D. Mike changes the lineup so much you could list 20 people that were in SD.

dd

Wow a whole 90 days that'll teach him!

blacktie009

90 days in jail for an OD seems excessive. Even with approximately ten days served, that's an overly harsh sentence. It's not like he hurt someone else.

He should've been ordered to rehab. This rocker probably could have benefited from better lawyers. Terrible deal, IMO.

Mr Baxter

Sentenced to 90 days. Because it's California, he'll serve 30 minutes or less.

SDSICKBOY

Leave Social D out of this, he was the drummer for less then 6 months 31 years ago.

Just Me

Where's his son now?

Snooki'sHairBump

First of all "Rock Legend"? Doubt that, since not many people seems to know who he is (I don't)

Second, I don't think putting him in jail for 90 days is going to solve anything. He's a drug addict, who nearly died in front of his son. He needs help. He (really) needs to go to rehab and get treatment for his addiction. That would be much better than sending him to jail.

I still think he should be charged with child endangerment though.

sleepd

Looks like he was released on blond.

LBjim

Legend?..are you kidding!!...Keep this guy away from kids and i hope he gets straight for his sake...

bil

playing for 1 year as drummer for social d does not make him a rock legend

miguel

Best of luck Casey. Sure you'll be out shortly and continue with the rehab. Looking forward to seeing the legendary D.I. soon. Yeah i said it get out of the mainstream clowns. Go Casey!

moxie