"Idol" Fans -- Get Rid of Stefano, Bring Back Pia!

4/11/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" fans are bombarding the show and FOX ... demanding they bring Pia Toscano back ... and give Stefano Langone the boot.

0409_pia_stefano_TMZ_EX
Our "Idol" spies tell us hundreds of fans have been begging FOX to recognize the injustice of kicking Pia off the show, and bend the rules.  It appears these fans are organized, because they come with a singular message -- Stefano has no chance of winning and therefore he should be removed now as a sacrificial lamb so Pia can come back.

We're told the fans have even reached out to Stefano ... pleading with him to remove himself from the competition.

Certainly nothing like what the fans are asking for has ever happened on "Idol" -- but hey, it never hurts to try.

Heidi

Really!!! OMG why in the world should they bring her back...She wasnt a shoe in to win...she sings boring stuff every week and NO I would never buy her album..Oh just cause she was Jlo's pick so what america voted and guess what we voted her OFF! Yes there is still talent on the show, lots of great talent...
she gone deal with it maybe you shoud have voted for her.

WOW...

Wow, what a bunch of heartless haters..poor guy..they contacted him and asked him to leave???? I have a better idea, how about we all vote for him and he wins....then, cancel the show..it's played out! the judges reactions were very cold and cruel and non professional...I am sure they have all been there and been hated on themselves, they should know better than anyone..shame on them..I have never voted in my life, but I will now for this guy stefano, I don't care if he sounds like Kermit the frog!! that would be hysterical if he won....

b.mclane

and...and....and...if American Idol does not bring Pia the Boring back these few "hundred" will hold their breath until they turn blue and kick and scream in public. Wha..wha..wha. BRATS.......you should have voted.

Mike H

I've had it with American Idol...they get a new (better with exception of Simon/Randy)set of Judges...they get a very strong/solid group of finalists (show was actually getting good talent wise) then they allow the fans (teen girls) to ruin the comeback by allowing one of the top singers to leave. PIA just move on girl...great things are ahead of you if you can just develop a stage presence (judges were right)...yu need a Fantasia type presence on stage....anyway...I'm moving on..no more American Idol watching for me....bring on X Factor (PIA, I hope your signing up)

VP

While I am not a fan of Stefano, I think asking him to leave to bring Pia back is ridiculous. Besides, she just scored a major record deal w/Interscope Records. Sounds to me like she's doing good w/out the show anyway.

Carl

Since when in recent years has the best, and most marketable singer won? I don't see Jordan Sparks, David Cook, Kris Allen, or Lee DeWyze burning up the charts and packing stadiums. This year will be the same.

Bill Mitchell

People, it's not Stefano's fault. The fault for Pia's early exit lies solely with Idol themselves and their corrupt voting rules. Saying that ONLY AT&T customers may text votes and allowing "power-texting" as well is beyond obscene. Using PT, a single fan can vote as many as 5,000+ votes for a single contestant, cancelling out 500 Pia fans (who are not on AT&T) and thus can only vote 10 times by phone. Too bad for 9 Entertainment than that fan doesn't also buy 5,000 albums. Just ask Kris Allen. You'll find him playing at your local state fair while Adam Lambert goes platinum internationally, has a sold out world tour and gets a Grammy nod.

Carrie

Pia was booted off because she was a very, very boring singer and entertainer!! Remember what Simon would say after some performances......no one is going to remember that performance because no one has really ever heard of that song! She made a very poor song choice!! That's why she went home. Week after week its the same thing.

fordtocarr

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING....Stefano may not win..but he sure is better than that amish looing Casey!!! Casey and Paul are a JOKE. They are scrap material to have people to boot out. Those ones that the public jumps onto, like Taylor Hicks, then disappears.

Bill Mitchell

Did you notice Ryan actually BEGGING the TV watchers to still tune into the show after Pia's elimination? If he knew Pia's fanbase was so small, why did he say that? Why did he look like someone had just run over his puppy? You see, Ryan KNOWS that the number of votes a contestant receives has NOTHING to do with how many fans they have.

Sandra

Sick of all the Pia crap!! America voted her off end of story. Stefano deserves his spot! I would like to see the end of Paul who can't sing!!!

mariana

well if they wanted Pia still there , why they did not vote right?? I mean she is very talented and sure she will get some record deal or something, but there are rules on the game, I felt bad for Stephano, imagine to hear that every one wants you out because they want Pia back? That is cruel , I know Pia has talent but he is also a talented singer and is there for a reason, people give him a break.

Sarah

People only voted for Stefano because of his looks.

Christine

Stefano has a DUI!! He got this DUI after almost getting killed by someone who was driving drunk! That just disgusts me. Isnt that against Idol rules to have someone convicted of a crime! do we really want our kids to idolize someone like this??

Shelly

If Pia was meant to stay on the show, then viewers should have voted. It's obvious by the votes, there were more people who wanted Stefano to stay. I feel bad for him the way people are treating him because he did win that round. Also, the judges were very disrespectful to him with their comments.