Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

Rikki Todd

Come to think of it, considering the similarities between Dell's and Trumps beginnings. Michael Dell would make a much more responsible choice for president that Donald Trump will ever be. On a balance sheet Trump is an out right failure comparatively speaking. Dell has never gone bankrupt. Trump has. Dell employs more people. Dell has a net worth over 5 times that of Trump, yet he started out with half as much money. I must admit that I fail to see the art in that deal :)

Kathy

Bill Cosby seems longwinded and sometimes rambles in interviews that I have seen. He seems irrelevant anymore.

a mere mortal

I don't want Trump as our pres.
I was a HUGE Cosby fan growing up, but somewhere along the line.....he turned into a nasty, bitter old pervert with a bad attitude...

I was with him on the 'personal responibility' crusade.....but then after that, it seemed like every word out of his mouth was bile and he lost me.
Why cuss at Russell Simmons when the man said "I love you' to him in an effort to make peace at an awards show?
Run-DMC and the Beastie Boys were his claim to fame...hardly a threat to our nation's youth, black OR white. Now if the ol codger had said SLAYER, which is also on Def Jam....THEN he'd be on to something...sort of...

Bill Cosby, American Hero??

Think again...here's your 'hero':

a mere mortal

and before you Cosby suckups start with your crap, I'll tell you the same thing I said about Michael Jackson...

If your whole basis for an image as an entertainer revolves around 'family' (Cosby) or 'children' (MJ), and you are accused of sexual misconduct...and if you are rich beyond belief like Cosby or MJ were...you don't pay MILLIONS to cover up something you 'never did'...which leaves a yoke of guilty suspicion around your neck forever.
What you DO, is take the millions they are trying to get you to pay, and give it to some badass lawyers and fight totth and nail to have your 'complete innocence' proclaimed....period.

I say again,
you don't spend MILLIONS of dollars to cover up something you 'didn't' do........

elysummers

George Bush was not the Worst. Try Lyndon Johnson, or Richard Nixon. You folks sound too young to really know what bad is, or maybe you just haven't read your history.

KrazyKatZ1

Yeah for the Brain Washed George Soros Backed Community Organizer & if He spends A Billion on Re-Election efforts maybe U'll B brain washed to ounce again Vote for An Individual Who Clearly DONT know WTF He's doing. Period !

crispgolf8

bill cosby hates white people, biggest racist alive.thats been known for years. hates the people that made him a legend.

asstird

Bill Cosby is a has been for some time now
and picking a fight with Misour Trump is
a very big mistake. I mean Misour Trump is
one of the toughest realistate developers in
N.Y. and he's and f-ing genius.
The argument was won befored it started.

Chicagoray

As Fat Albert's buddy mushmouth would say back in the day:

Iba wubbud libik toba seeba billba cobby doba fabat albat tobadaba wibbout habbing theba pc pigs aband rabace bubaiters allba ober hibis abass, dabat for sureba

Translation: (I would like to see Bill Cosby do fat Albert today without having the PC pigs and race baiters all over his asss, that's for sure)

What is funny though is seeing a bunch of mostly young TMZ celeb worshipers bash on Trump (who if everyone in this room's yearly salary was put together my salary included couldn't pay just his personal property taxes for one month) call him a loser.

Especially when they probably voted for the self admitted crack smoking junkie who failed out of Occidental College who was once homeless on the streets of New York with his gay lover sleeping in garbage cans under his real name Barry Soetero. read his REAL BIO here http://goo.gl/Suskp

By the way, If Skeezer Sheen is 'WINNING' Trump has WON THE RACE WITH HIS FEET up on the desk ;) His money makes Charlie look like a crack ho...wait, he is one...

Chicagoray

Wrong address http://www.citizens4freedom.com/Articles/tabid/1387/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/4430/TRUMP-UNCOVERS-TRUTH-ABOUT-OBAMA.aspx

Mike

I am voting for Trump. Could he possibly do worse then that unAmerican in office now?

LMAO!! This statement right here shows how STUPID the ******gers are! PRESIDENT Obama could've been born in Mexico, Kenya, he could have been born on the MOON and it WOULDNT MATTER!!! HIS MOTHER WAS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN WHICH AUTOMATICALLY MAKES HIM ONE!!! Go back to high school and re-take Civics 101 you idiots!!!

forrightnowrong

Although Bill's comments may not have been warranted...it definitely does not take away the fact that Donald T is a racist. Obama the worst president.....ummmmmm.....did you forget about the two burning Bush's.....get real.....are you serious???!???? Everytime a Bush went into office the country ended in operating in the red not the black. For all of you out there...it means the country was B.R.O.K.E. How can anyone expect a president to fix 8 years worth of debt creation in less than 4 years? If you are going to talk about the subject at least be fair. Who cares if the president is black or white?? Some of you do....why not say that a black president could not hack it and is the worst president...it is an easy out. The fact of the manner is at least judge the man(notice I said man...not black man or white man) by his own merit. Our president is a well educated and well spoken man....can't say the same for the last Bush in office....and he is fighting for this country to operate in the black rather than the red, putting this country back on track economically.

Acte

They better be careful or they will break a hip!

missy

mister trump you are hired. years ago my dad worked as an assistant to bill cosby. it changed my opinion of bc long ago being that great dad that he played on the cosby show. he even use to send my dad out for condoms and have alot of women visit him when he was in vegas. bc is as dishonest as the day is long..you may not like "the donald" but he is honest!! and..we dont need a "congressman" in office, we need someone who knows how to manage money!!!

S Travis

Rascist,raicist, raicist! That's all we ever hear from those with a deep discontent, contempt for those not of their race. Moreover it must be extremely difficult for certain individuals to comprehend that rarely does it have anything to do with one's race, unless of course - you are your 'race' first, your sex second, and your self-worth third. Why not try real hard and be a human being first, an American citizen with an intelligent, compassionate thought second, and less the true bigit you most likely are. Remember, 'bigits' come in all colors, 'eh Whoppie, 'eh Bill?!!!!!!!!!!!!!