Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

Wyte

N.O. should stand for NO damn sense..n.o. lady. You don't even realize that under Bush..(actually both of them), but especially George W...You were lied to, led amuck..ran astreigh...hoodwinked...in fact Bamboozled." And it sounds like you're lookin for more of the same. Speaking of deaf dumb and blind as hell."

Lisa Stratton

After this Celebrity Apprentice i will not be watching anymore of them. I think Trump just wants publicity, or he is just racist. Shut up or put up is what Bill Cosby is saying. And Obama is not the worst President it is Reagan and the Bush's now run tell that sucker!

LAMAR C CHAPMAN III

Greetings America:

Mr. Trump and Mr. Cosby both have one thing in common. The both of them are searching for the spot light and free media attention! The American people are foolish to follow either one of them. God Help Us!!!!!!!

Lamar C. Chapman III
Solo Fides (Only by Faith)
Crown-of-Life Recipient - October 24, 2004
Sacredotal Ordination - July 11, 1991
Sustaining and Engaged - Orthodox Republican

Greek567

Wow yet another White Man get fragged talking reality about the worst preseident ever. But hey, we can't say he's black, get over it, he's more than just black, he's plain incompetent.

Bre-Bre

Chaz is it? Well before you call somebody a retard please make sure you are not making an a*s of yourself by doing so because first of all Tinalouise is just stating her personal opinion maybe you might not agree, but just because you dont agree you want to call her a racist and say f*ck you (and make an statement saying because Donald Trump is white she does not like him? How do you know? OKAY right you dont know......so what that called? A PERSONAL OPINION!) .......C'mon how old are we? And by the way I'm sure since you know so much about retards, than you know that ANYTHING that could disqualify President Obama from being President (say I dont know something like him not be a U.S citizen)would have been acknowledged by now or by Mccain dont you think? And our President would not be Obama and he for the record is a great President because he has been trying to clean up the sh*t that Bush made since he got in office and now you are saying Donald Trump as President ........ are you serious? NEVER should Donald Trump even think about running for office and Obama did not lie and you are crazy if you believe that you could run office based on your views you would probably worst than Bush and Obama can't make America great again over the short period of time and please take in to cosideration that he has to run america, 50 States that is alot to handle so pleasedo everyone a favor and shut the hell up because you are just being judgemental and harsh for no reason and it is obvious that you are a completely narrow minded individual.

<3 and peace
Bre-Bre

Brenda Webb

I used to respect Cosby before all the bad publicity about his affairs and harrassment came to light. Why are people even listening to this old has-been gas-bag. I would vote for Trump in a New York minute. We have given away more than this country can afford to foreign interests who would blow our asses off the face of the earth if they had a chance. We need someone in office who understands what a budget is for
and will run this country like it should be - to be independent from all other governments.

JackBQuik

Home Skillet -- you are on the money. Obama through 2016 because it will take more than 2 years to clean up 8 years of George W's mess.

Punky

Trump needs to sit has old ass down. somewhere. Know one whats this ass for president. Are you ****ing kidding me!!!

pshirer

Isn't it always the same old BS, when a liberal doesn't get their way, they use the race card. Obama is the worst president we ever had. He coudn't be the leader of any country, wait and see how much damage he does before we get rid of him. Go ahead liberals call me a racist too, you idiots.

pak

Cosby has been a surprise to me with how extremely racist against anyone who is not black. What a fake he is and his show was... acting like he was a nice family man, when all is is is a bitter hateful old man. Cosby needs to go back home and take a nap.
Trump would turn this country around instead of bankrupt and destoy it like Obama is doing at record pace.

Zopo

Dont mess with Dr Huxtable

adam smolkowicz

trumps trying to nail everyone these days

donn

I agree with Home Skillet and ocgirl that George W Bush WAS the worst president but now Obama has stolen that title.

Lionel

I think Donald Trump is correct on all his comment about that unapropriate s***my backbiting attitude Bill Cosby has. Its as if he exhibits a Bi-Polar character more inclined than a racist thing. After all this isn't about racism on Donald Trumps comment, yet Bill Cosby's sudden slam on Trump is odd or questionable given the cir***stance which didn't warrant any hateful remark such as his.
There's nothing wrong with Mr Trump running for president if he is a qualified educated moral sensible leader for this nation. And yes I'd vote for him given so far that he's shown true patriotism and knowlege. Mr Obama also has demostrated great concern and morals for this nation and abroad. I didn't vote for him but I feel he's a good man and honest and very caring. I'd vote for Mr Trump though, respectively and without any regard to race, which is not the case in America. Hey, I'd like to mention how Bill Clinton really did a good job and bush and man, good thing they got Saddam! I hope our current President will have Bin Laden or Al Qaida dead soon...Peace.

NugsOnTheFire

Trump is a joke and he just should have ignored Cosby's comment. In this picture Bill's eye is bulging and looks like he might have a thyroid problem.

SHM at idiots still saying President Obama is not a US citizen. If you don't like his polices that is one thing, but Trump is just playing into the hands of mindless drones who believe nonsense that has nothing to do with the good of the USA.

Previous 15 Comments | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments