Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

Vanessa

This is so wrong. These are two respectable men & now Trump has gone an ****ed that respect up. People have opinions. If he can't handle critique from the good Dr. why in the Hell would I vote for him as President? Your position is in Media Trump. If you want to run for President that's what comes with it. Just ask Hillary, Obama, and McClain. It's not celebrity Apprentice is a position for being the leader of the free world. And the only Obama has done negatively is have high gas prices. More people have jobs; people have healthcare; people have education. I'm sorry we don't live in Hollywood but the regular folks need love too. I agree w/Cosby go on and "run or shut up." Ps. Bush was the worst President. Respect him for trying; but it'll take to that Jonas kid runs before that **** is cleaned up.

Marc

Judging from the response, Trump seems to have some people worried. LOL

Home Skillet

Obama is NO better. He isnt even an American. I cant wait for Donald to finish that and bring it to light.

Posted at 1:39 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by Chaz
____________________________________________________

Clueless Conservatards. ****ing up our country any chance you get. I'm not even going to waste my time listing the progress that the Obama Administration has made because you ****ing haters won't listen anyway. Ignorant bunch of redneck ****ing *******s. ****ing idiots who ran our great country into the ground so you could add millions/billions into the bank accounts of millionaires/billionaires. ****ing greedy sons of bitches. I hope you're happy with yourselves, and thank GOD that we have a president with a brain in his head and another entire term to make even more progress. **** W, and **** every mother****ing conservative everrrrrr!!!

hummm

I do not like Trump, but Cosby is as bad as him, always seeking a chance to talk bad about anybody who says anything bad about Obama. The president has to be respected, that is a fact, but his friends have to do it too, there are many elegant ways to make Obama look good, so please try to make him look good, by been classy.

Home Skillet

I would vote for a homeless man laying on a sidewalk before I'd vote obama.

Posted at 1:42 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by N.O.Lady
_________________________________________________

I'd vote for my dog's ****ing balls before I voted for a Republitard.

Carl

Trump will never run. He'd have to declare how much he is really worth and I'll bet you anything it is less than one billion dollars.

rico

TRUMP, YOU MAY HAVE BEEN NICE ONCE,BUT NOW YOU JUST A DOUCH BAG. YOUR SHOW STINKS AND YOU COULDNT BE PRESIDENT OF NEVERLAND.WHICH YOU ARE LIVING IN NOW. GO AWAY AND TAKE THOSE SNOT NOSE KIDS WITH YOU.

Keiths Wife

Cosby is a racist and has been all his life. I went to one of his standup shows in Reno, 30 years ago and all he did on stage was complain how blacks were denied this and denied that...it went on and on and finally the people began booing him. You know what, America is tired of the race card everytime a black man or black woman opens their mouth! In the words of Lebron's mother, "I don't trust them people."

Carl

Oh, I forgot... TMZ, are you using a picture of Donald from the 1990s? He looks younger than now and I suspect that blonde next to him is Marla Maples. You really need to find a newer photo.

Jeanie

SORRY to interject an off-topic (well, it's still related to politics) side-bar comment:

I definitely WON'T be voting for ANY Republicans in 2012!!!! TRUST ME FOLKS...DON'T DO IT...DON'T VOTE FOR A Republican!!! I used to be a Republican...but have learned a LOT and have left my loyalty to their party...And WHY? You may ask?? BECAUSE THEY ARE A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!!!

Here they are saying that they are gonna attack the issue of job creation when they got control of the House of Representatives...And what are they doing instead?? WASTING time on trying to fix the budget on the backs of the poor, elderly, disabled, and people that utilize Planned Parenthood Services!!!

The Republicans have NO business interjecting their ideologies into a strictly ECONOMIC issue...Such a tactic as this is clearly divisive, and they should KNOW that with a democratic majority in the Senate and with a democratic president that their Draconian Federal Spending Bill WON'T get passed!!!!

PHEW...Got that off my chest!!

kingborg

Umm... Obama couldnt fix this country if his life depended on it. How clueless you are to the real world if you think he is actually doing something in office. He has been there 2 years and what has he accomplished?? Seriously? What has he done?

--------------------------------------------------

umm chaz im no fan of obamy but the facts are bushy let all our jobs go overseas! with all the manifact companys. its hard for anyone to get things going with out a good base in the 1st place.

slammer

Trump upsets the right people.
He makes liberal Hollywood squirm.

Good luck trashing The Donald.
He is afraid of no one and a
lot smarter than Obama.

marjiscott

Donald is a whiny baby crying! Somebody doesn't "Like" him? Who cares?

Jeanie

TRUMP FIGHTS DIRTY...Ever notice that folks??

And if he were to ever become president--that sort of uncivilized, unclassy behavior would carry on...He would bring new meaning to the words: dirty politics.

Home Skillet

Home Skillet go smoke a big fatty and get over the fact that homeboy is going bye bye very soon. Let me get you a Kleenex. By the way do you drive a lowrider truck?

Posted at 1:50 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by N.O.Lady
_____________________________________________________

Dear Redneck, Racist, Cretin of the South:

The sooner you get used to this fact, the better of you'll be - President Obama will win a SECOND term, and if we had our way we'd do away with term limits so he could stay longer. I realize that someone leading our nation who has a brain in their head is intimidating to you, but just shut the **** up and stop talking outta Fox's ass. You don't know a God damned thing. And, another thing - the Deep South sucks! **** you, and **** Louisiana!