'Idol' Fan: They DID Say I Was 'Too Big' for Front Row!

4/13/2011 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" fan Ashley Kauffman is sticking by her weight discrimination story -- saying she was told flat-out by an "Idol" employee that she was "too big and too heavy" to sit in the front row during last week's show.

041311_american_idol_video
Kauffman appeared on "Good Morning America" this AM, where she explained how the whole ordeal allegedly went down ... and also took the time to correct a few parts of her story that are circling around that AREN'T true.

Kaufman admitted she WASN'T forced to sit all the way in the back of the studio -- more like six rows back from the stage -- and that she DIDN'T have to sit alone without her friends.

As we first reported, "Idol" honchos are calling BS on Kauffman, saying, "We always strive to assure that every audience member has the best experience possible, and these allegations are simply untrue."

MyRex

Seriously, this was handled bad by that American Idol employee. If I were their manager I would fire them. Why? This could've easily been handled without calling her fat, which gets national attention every time someone does it. Instead, simply tell her she is ugly, which both would've been true and most of the population wouldn't be up in arms about.

Tammy

So, because she says it happen, we should believe her? I don't believe everything I hear and half of what I see.

onedollarbill

Who was it in yesterday's TMZ post said "She's not fat and only weighs 150lb!" riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight oink oink

John

I would flat out tell her she is too fat to sit in the front because nobody would be able to see around her.

Another loser looking for a quick payout and 15 mins.

Johnny Carcinoma

Oofa!

Oink, oink. Free seats, shaddup, tubbie.

#1sexybeast

UMMMM have you looked in the mirror girl?

YOU ARE OVERWEIGHT, SO OWN IT AND MOVE ON. YOUR NOT A SIZE 5 GIRL, SO DON'T COMPLAIN....

what a beautiful day

Hey Ashley: Put the fork down!

The world shouldn't have to tip-toe around you (heck of a long walk) just b/c you have no self control.

Posted at 8:28 AM on Apr 13, 2011 by sulkydog

******************************************************

I Agree

Casey

What happened to this young lady is a very sad and upsetting thing. I read all of the comments that were left before posting this one, and I just want to say that the majority of you should be ashamed of yourselves. To make fun of and ridicule a person for speaking out on something she thought was wrong and offensive, which is was, if extremely judgmental of you. There was no need to post some of the things the were written. I hope you all are enjoying your life on your high horse. One day, you too will be judged, and I hope, for your sake, that is isnt as harshly as you have been judging. Good job, Ashley, for speaking out about this horrible experiance that you went through. I know it must be hard to go on national television and speak of something as sensitive as this.

Toasty J

Casey-
What "horrible experience" did she go through?
She went to a FREE taping of American Idol, and sat in the 6th row.
Sounds like a fun night to me.

Someone

You guys who say this girl is fat are LOSERS I bet your 300 pounds sitting in front of the comp your g-d f'n ass handing over the sides! This girl isn't skinny but she is NOT fat its called chubby. And by the way you people that has harsh comments have no lives and should be slapped. No respect at all.... grow up! Learn some manners. And then maybe you'd have a life to live.

Jen

She is so fat and ugly I don't want to see her either. F OFF FATTY!

gigi

Oh get over it. I know I am skinny but ugly as crap and wouldn't have been seated anywhere near the front row. Fat is fat. I'm sure the stage was big enough for everyone to see, even if they were away from camera veiw. I would have been happy sitting anywhere as long as the view was good. In some countries, she would have been bigger than most of the population.

Clayton Ziegler

"There was no need to post some of the things that were written." -Casey

The second she came on my TV and made it fall of my wall then i can say whatever i want...winning

Gina

Ashley dear.... you now got your 15 minutes of fame. Don't try to blame your obesity on GOD! God DID NOT put all those donuts in your mouth. God doesn't make people fat - they do that for themselves. IF this really happened, I am sorry for you - BUT - if you REALLY just wanted an apology (like you say) then just contact AI themselves & don't go on national TV. I don't believe a word you say at all. Frankly, you are fat. I hate to be mean, but I get tired of fat people trying to blame their fat on everything else but eating too much.

Ellidegg

Dwight Shrute would say "Put your best beets out front - those are the money beets" - this lady is not a money beet ;p I understand idol - but maybe they could've used more class in saying so. ;p

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments