Fashion Icon Bijan Suffers a Stroke

4/16/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fashion designer Bijan Pakzad is hospitalized after suffering a stroke at his Beverly Hills home.

0415_bijan_getty_bn

According to sources Bijan was transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Thursday evening. On a Facebook post Friday night, Bijan's son Nicolas said his father had "a stroke."

The 67-year old remains hospitalized, and according to Nicolas ... Bijan is "in critical condition."

Bijan -- a legend in the fashion and perfume biz -- famously suits up movie stars and world leaders. His Rodeo Drive boutique is known as the most expensive store in the world.

Bijan

I am so sad I pray for you get well soon

Kathy

I hope he'll be OK. Strokes are unpredictably scary.

Leily

BIJAN I'M PRAYING FOR YOU, GET WELL SOON PLEASE!

Samuel Smithers

He used to make a nice cologne. I'm not even sure if it's still around.

Maryam

Hope for the best. We LOVE you Bijan!!

HATEF

I just recived the last news about bijan ...iam so sorry but he past away.

کورش نادری

در گذشت یکی دیگر از افتخارات ما ایرانیهاباعث غم و اندوه فراوان شد
امیدوارم خدا به خانواده محترمشان صبر بدهد
امیدوارم ما را هم در غم خود شریک بدانید.

Dave

our prays is always with u, get well soon

David

Every Iranian respect him also all fasions society should be do as he is leader of world fasion for tree decade,
I also honor myself as i am iranian with the greatest history in the world

Payam

Who doesn't have a fond memory of driving past Rodeo drive and seeing his bright yellow classic car parked in front of his store every day? Him sometime coming out and greeting and speaking to tourists.

He did so much for the Persian community in L.A always making sure people had pride in both their Persian roots and American roots and forgetting neither. Always speaking fondly of the Shah era where Iran was a pioneer country in freedom and fashion (unlike the repressed Islamic situation the country faces today) may this succesful, kind man make a full recovery. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Janna

I hope he will be OK. There is not the same Rodeo Drive without him :-(

Sara

Bijan is a icon in the world of fashon. I am very proud of him. he brought lots of pride for Persian people. when I heard the news today about his death, I cried very badly. I have just seen him once when he was inside his boutique 3 years ago when I moved to LA. That was my first time to see his store. I immediately open his store's door to go and see inside of his store. I was so exited to see him. he was staying there with a magazine in his hand. suddenly a beautiful girl came to me and asked me if I have any appointment with him? and I was like, Ohhhhh Nooo, and she said you need to have appointment to get to this store. Any way that was the only time that I saw Bijan. Although I never talked to him and he doesn't know me, but tonight when I heard the news. I cried alot. still I am crying. Now I feel much better because I heard he is still alive but in critical condition. I am going to pry for him all night long tonight. He is pride of Persian society and I want him to live long to bring more pride for Iranian people. Bijan Jan, stay strong. We pray for you. Please get well soon.

TR

First! And Secondly, is this the action shot of his stoke? oh TMZ.

Bubbles The Chimp

Everybody's got a special kind of story
Everybody finds a way to shine,
It don't matter that you got not alot...

PRO US

The clothes his store sells are obviously worth what his customers pay for them. He is a brilliant designer and businessman and a patriotic American Persian businessman. May he get well and support to his family and friends.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments