Fashion Icon Bijan Suffers a Stroke

4/16/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fashion designer Bijan Pakzad is hospitalized after suffering a stroke at his Beverly Hills home.

0415_bijan_getty_bn

According to sources Bijan was transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Thursday evening. On a Facebook post Friday night, Bijan's son Nicolas said his father had "a stroke."

The 67-year old remains hospitalized, and according to Nicolas ... Bijan is "in critical condition."

Bijan -- a legend in the fashion and perfume biz -- famously suits up movie stars and world leaders. His Rodeo Drive boutique is known as the most expensive store in the world.

Persian Gulf

A great Iranian and a warm and loving person. Hope he recovers from the stroke.

Ami

I Will miss you my friend.he lived well and proude and He will be legend for ever and I hope his kids deserve what he made and put it behind.I will realy miss you .

robin

I am not Persian and I do not live in B.H., and I am not rich or buy my clothes at Bijan's, but WHAT THE HELL is up with all the disrespectful and untimely negative and rude comments? A self-made, successful, positive human being died suddenly from a stroke. I think that in the least, a little respect for the family is due. If not, how about no response at all.

Ali

God bless his soul! Everyone says he was a nice and generous guy who helped the people in need. Have a wonderful trip buddy! We will all join you some time.

Ali

Jon

He already passed away.

shaherzad

I have Always been a fan of yours,You were unique in many ways,Peace be upon your soul,My deepest sympathy&condolences to his loving family,I am with you today sharing your grief,He will be sincerely missed in our hearts,Lets put it this way:he will be missed &will remain fresh in all Iranian hearts all over the world,we will always love you Bijan,lord bless his soul.

shaherzad

I Have already written a comment for the late,loving Bijan,for whom i truly respected,however,find it necessary to write another one regarding some of the most disrespectful,rude&negative comments i came across,i was quite depressed,come on,why is it that there are still people on this planet who just dont get it,dont have sufficient knowledge about a human being,give themselves the liberty to write as they please,come on you guys,Theres no doubt,absolutely not,there shouldnt be any reservation about Bijan,a legend in the world of fashion,Im an iranian like the late Bijan,I might not be able to afford his clothes,might not have the chance to buy a car like his,might not be able to afford a house like his,should I envy him ?should i disrespect him by using rude remarks just because im not in his position??? ofcourse not,he went through a lot to achieve his goals,He was a very successful,self-made,most generous,courteous,helpful human being on the universe whom happened to be one of the best Iranian fashion designers in the world,I do respect his family,im with you today,mourning for Bijan,along with billions of iranian hearts all over the world sharing their sorrow with you.Bijan,we will never stop loving you,we know you wont stop your classy&stylish designs,u'll be busy designing heaven fabulously with your loving,classy Iranian taste,May he rest in peace.Bijan, we love you..............

Dna

we`ve lost a LEGEND...nothing more to say...

samerican!!!

bijan u are the most amazing person i ever know in my life hope your family stay strong and i wish them all the best it was the such a bad news

Nazanin Aryan

i am so sorry for our lost.
that was the most sad news for ever.

Armi

Rest in peace dear Bijan..

Mack

May God bless his soul!

I've visited his shop only once, not to buy any thing but to watch those stupid show offs paying an exorbitant prices for his products.

I don't have any high regards for those who are just rich but don't care about the human miseries. I wonder if he had spent any money for the Iranian orphanages and or helping those forgotten eldery street sleepers?

Sydney, Aust.

friend of family 2

anyone on here being negative and cruel at a time like this will face their day of judgement. Bijan is in Heaven now getting his wings that's for sure. He was a remarkable man and he loved his family. God rest his soul and be with his family and friends at a time like this. xoxo

MyIran1357

We will remember Bijan, fondly and gratefully, as the true friend he was, most of all, for his incredible and genuine pride in being Iranian. It may seem as though he left Iran. But Iran never left him.
Bijan Pakzad, R.I.P.