Mario Batali -- Don't Blame ME For Killing The Soaps!

4/15/2011 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Super chef Mario Batali -- who's starring in one of the shows replacing "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" -- has a serious reality check for soap-heads ... IT'S OVER!!!041511_mario_batali_still

Batali was on his way out of Spago yesterday -- when he dished out some straight talk to our soap-obsessed photog yesterday ... and then added, "I certainly don't want anyone out of a job ... I love everybody that works in the industry."

Batali is hosting a new daytime talk show called, "The Chew" ... which will follow "The View."

Adieu.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Melissa

Days is not being cancelled... you got it wrong TMZ.

Puckett

The rumor i hear about him is that he takes advantage of his female restaurant employees sexually and is generally not a decent guy to work for.

PhilipMarkum

*** Mario Battali is not exactly someone that I want to watch on a daily basis. For that matter, I don't want to watch him at all. His face is all greasy and he looks bad. When I look at him I think, "Get some exercise you fat ...k." ***

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! It's been over since Luke married Laura!

jca

Mario Batali is a fat ass douchebag who doesn't care about anyone or anything but money in his wallet. He hangs on to "famous" people so he can ride their coattails. Go to hell Mario!!! You KNEW they were cancelling soaps, otherwise you wouldn't have put your sorry fat ass into ANOTHER cooking show.

PhilipMarkum

*** Also, Mike Meyers could cast Battali as "Fat Bastard" in his next Austin Powers movie and we wouldn't know the difference. Battali really is a fat bastard. ***

Kim

Efff you Batali! I'll NEVER watch your show. A curse to your crocks too. LIVE ON One Life and Kids!! Your dedicated fan.

LINDA

hey you fat bast#%d, we will see you canceled in a short time! BOYCOTT ABC AND THE 2 NEW SHOWS! SEE WHO WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH!

Carl

TV is all about ratings. If soaps were still getting the ratings they used to get they wouldn't be getting cancelled. Soap lovers shouldn't be mad at Mario or even the networks. They should be mad at their fellow viewers that tuned out over the years.

Sandra

Not a fan of Mario and will not watch his show!! Was not a soap fan and never watched. Sure would like to see good daytime TV but will not hold my breath!!!

kar

If ABC thinks taking soaps off and putting other shows on will help ratings their sadly mistaken. Nothing can help them.

LINDA

ABC is nothing but a propagada machine for this commie Whitehouse! The show is suppose to promote "healthy" eating! That's between me and my doctor AND not ABC! I imagine the forst guest will be Michele, "the dog" Obama. Talk about needing a diet, what a cows, her and the "fat Bastard" ,mario!

Kathy S

I won't be watching. I will be boycottin ALL ABC shows. - Not that they have much good on the air besides AMC, OLTL or GH. I will even boycot my all thime fav - GH. But lately the writing has been so bad...now I know why.

Bubbles The Chimp

Yuck. No way I would want that slob cooking anything for me. He sweats all over the food and is unsanitary.

Someone needs to tell Mario his crocs are a bit dated already. Who the hell wears those hideous things now.

Me

Soaps got decent ratings, it's just cheaper to produce this kind of crap. I won't be watching it either.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments