Mario Batali -- Don't Blame ME For Killing The Soaps!

4/15/2011 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Super chef Mario Batali -- who's starring in one of the shows replacing "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" -- has a serious reality check for soap-heads ... IT'S OVER!!!041511_mario_batali_still

Batali was on his way out of Spago yesterday -- when he dished out some straight talk to our soap-obsessed photog yesterday ... and then added, "I certainly don't want anyone out of a job ... I love everybody that works in the industry."

Batali is hosting a new daytime talk show called, "The Chew" ... which will follow "The View."

Adieu.

Giz Mo

LOL, your cooking show is over, sorry. Cooking shows are on ALL DAY on the cooking channel. Stop pushing REALITY shows upon us as, for the most part, people aren't into them. They hire people who just seem to get arrested, for various reasons. People ARE becoming so IGNORANT now, it is unbelievable.

Bulldog Mom

What an irrogant idiot ! I will never watch his show..ABC said they know what people want??? They want their soaps to stay on..They just want to get away cheap by putting on more crap nobody wants to see.. Lots of people will just be switching the channel. I know I will be !! People have followed these soaps for generations.

Linda O

Judging by peoples comments here, ABC has made another big mistake by canceling the soaps. I don't think I'll be watching these new shows either.Too much of this kind of crap on already!!!

miabella29

Not watching this douchbag. SICK of greedy producers pumping out crap "reality" television because it's cheap. What you're ultimately doing is sending television down the drain. You all act like Osam... Obama and never listen to what the PEOPLE want!! We don't need anymore of these cooking shows (that's what FOOD network is for) and advice/doctor/talk show shows. Please get your heads out of your asses.

silk

For those blamed Batali of the cancellation of these two soaps are very stupid. Batali doesn't own ABC, he's just a host of a program that ABC bought. Batali does not and cannot dictate the show's time slot, it's ABC's ultimate decision. Just because you are mad at the cancellation, be sensible, don't blame the innocent! For those who posted personal attacks on Batali, you are even more stupid!

miabella29

Shut up, SILK. This guy is a douchebag and the rest of us already know that he wasn't the one who cancelled the shows, we're not morons.

Bonnie

Ewwwww, this is the creepy looking dude who will replace the soaps ??? Sit your fat greasy ass down and eat another dozen pizza pies dude lol ..... yukkkkkkkkk I wouldnt eat anything that dirty sweaty looking creature made. How disgusting !!!!!!

AQ

When did viewers become so pathetic that they resorted to 'reality' crap? I am proud to say I have never watched any of these faked 'real' things, including American Idol. TV isn't rotting Americas brains, it's the crap they choose to let their brains liquify to that is.

cregis

Don't care about the soaps, but will anybody want to watch Mario, the man is not exactly Johnny Depp.

Liz_F

So America wants to watch an overweight chef? CRAP all the way. AMC support group forming soon!

durkee

NEVER WILL WATCH ABC AGAIN...NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Whip It

Every woman in my family is on their BROOMS, and i can't say that I blame them! U.S.A. soap operas are an American Institution. I have watched this country and their values make a 360......now in your living rooms telling you how and what to eat, and shoving a lifestyle programing down your throats, where I come from we call this propaganda. WoW !

"BOYCOTT ABC AND THE 2 NEW SHOWS! SEE WHO WILL GET's THE LAST LAUGH!"

...Must say why is U.S.A. SO consumed with what people eat?!
that's not a democracy.

Selfish go with the flow Mario Batali just a shallow jerk following his leader(s)...Dude your not a "Scape Goat" just one of the herd that will step on innocent people and put talented actors, freelance etc. HUNDREDS out of work and not care 'cause what you tell yourself is if you don't someone else would??ASIF
Buddy not me 'cause when I look in the mirror I'm not misguided for greed nor fame...Cut throat the lead people/co-hosts are on these new two shows...

"BOYCOTT ABC AND THE 2 NEW SHOWS! SEE WHO WILL GET's THE LAST LAUGH!"

~whip it

mharrell

Here is an online petion to 'fire Brian Frons,' head of ABC, and the true culprit for the soap's cancellation. As for the fat bastard look-a-like, I don't think he's going to draw NEAR the crowd soaps do.

@Carl, you must not be in the television business, but just so you know, many viewers watch soaps but they can not be recorded or tallied for the Nelson ratings...which is where Mr. Frons draws his conclusions. I DVR mine, as do many of my friends, because we work. So, your theory is flawed. Soap fans will boycott ABC (we are EXTREMELY loyal) and go to other networks that continue to give us "fictional" programs. Either way, if we wanted to watch ridiculous cooking or reality shows we'd already be doing it...there's a million of them out there. Why not keep something that a.) has been around for decades, and has been successful, and b.) something that is DIFFERENT...not the same old crap that we get on every other channel! Have you ever heard you have to spend $ to get $??? They quit spending $ for daytime...that's their problem.

Vote now to get rid of Frons before it's too late! Otherwise, I'll see you on CBS and NBC! Muah!

John

It just gets worse, they cancelled 2 successfull shows to bit this Fat Douchbag on, ....I think ABC's program director actually works for fox

Nielsen

Mario's show will be cancelled before his meal is cooked! He's offensive and they made an obvious miscalculation of his fan base.