Mario Batali -- Don't Blame ME For Killing The Soaps!

4/15/2011 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Super chef Mario Batali -- who's starring in one of the shows replacing "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" -- has a serious reality check for soap-heads ... IT'S OVER!!!041511_mario_batali_still

Batali was on his way out of Spago yesterday -- when he dished out some straight talk to our soap-obsessed photog yesterday ... and then added, "I certainly don't want anyone out of a job ... I love everybody that works in the industry."

Batali is hosting a new daytime talk show called, "The Chew" ... which will follow "The View."

Adieu.

Mr Baxter

Really. "The Chew"? Really. How brain dead can you get?

josie

I do blame you if you on the show your dead to me. I trash all your stuff and never buy anther cook book from you, or products. I already trashed all my Paula Deen stuff. I never forgive you.

stefanie

what a dip****

I won't be watching his stupid show.

RENNEE

I'm not going to watch that crap we already have enough cooking shows. You would think there is enough cooking shows on food network and travel channel with face on it.

Chris

Just what we need on TV - yet another fat chef who looks like he eats all the restaurant profits

Stephen G

They said both "One Life To Live" & "All My Children" averaged 2.5 million viewers daily. About the same as WWE on the USA network every Monday night. The only difference, Prime Time (Which who the hell doesn't have cable these days).

Jeannie

Are you kidding me???? Is what I asked my daughter when I heard and she replied, "Are you kidding me??" My Grandmother introduced me to soaps 40 years ago! This is outrageous! A really poor decision on just so many levels! Can you imagine if tomorrow, they cancel Football coverage, or basketball? What a poor choice for ABC. I have an idea...FOX!! Pick up both the soaps!! We didn't like having to change the channel so much...anyway!!

NM

Take your food, and shove it!

C

OMG - you crazy jobless freaks! Do you have any idea of how the industry works? like Mario just walked into a meeting with the exec's and said I have a show and so you need to cancel some soaps??? That's not how the world works.

It's like your favorite store going out of business and then you going in and telling the new store owner that he's a creep and he shouldn't have let the other guy go out of business. It's nuts!

Call the network if you want to get your show back on. People did it with "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

Mario - is cool as hell. I've met him and known people who work for him and they all loved him.
Mario - I think you are fantastic!

C

Call the network if you want to get your show back on.
Mario - I think you are fantastic!

Brandy

I think the idea of cancelling All My Children and One Life To Live is a BAD IDEA. AND I HOPE IT COME BACK TO BITE ABC IN THE BUTT!!!

NM

WE WANT LA LUCCI-NOT BATALI!!!!! NO MORE FOOD SHOWS!! OVER 200 BETWEEN TLC, THE FOOD NETWORK AND THE COOKING CHANNEL. WE WANT OUR SOAPS. TAKE YOUR CHEW AND CHOKE!!!!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

By the looks of him he better be a low-calorie, low-carb chef. He looks like a Dom Deluise starter kit.

Grumpinmcpunkkin

TMZ... GET IT RIGHT! You can't even keep up with your own dam* stories... LMAO hilarious.

FLO

mario butali is being sued by his staff for not paying a living wage and for scamminstealing their tips.