Susan Lucci BLINDSIDED By Cancellation

4/16/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Susan Lucci had NO IDEA her show was in danger of being cancelled ... in fact, just THREE days before the announcement, the "All My Children" star ADAMANTLY denied the soap was on the chopping block.

0415_susan_lucci_video_ex
TMZ ran into Lucci at The Grove in L.A. on Monday (see above) and when we asked if the show she's starred on for 41 years was on the hot seat, Susan replied, "No truth to that rumor ... not at all."

We spoke to Lucci's daughter, Liza Huber, who told us the soap star only learned about the show's fate on Thursday -- at the same time producers informed the rest of the cast -- and Susan was "upset" by the news.

But fear not Lucci fans -- Liza tells us her mother has NO plans to retire ... and she's already receiving offers to do other TV shows and various projects.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

john5oregon

I just hate the fact that it's all practically reality TV now. Grandmas all over the world are sighing.

phil

yes when toucher and rich of cbsboston.com run a story especially like when they had charlie sheen credit them dont say a radio show

HouseFan2011

Wow, after all those years of dedication, and they treat her like that? It is a shame. Susan is an amazing, beautiful woman.

Truth

@HOUSEFAN2011

WELL, HOW IS THAT DIFFERENT THAN CORPORATE AMERICA LAYING OFF MILLIONS WHO HAD THE SAME IF NOT MORE YRS OF SERVICE TO THEIR COMPANIES THAN LUCCI?? BESIDES... LUCCI IS A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE MANY TIMES OVER. SHE'LL GET OVER IT. NEXT!!

HouseFan2011

To "Truth". I agree with what you say about Corporate America, but this is a story about Susan Lucci and is a gossip site. I'm just staying on topic.

WillOTheWisp

Well, maybe Susan can stop worrying about the cameras adding 10 pounds to her extremely small frame and begin enjoying some good food!
Look at her chest!!
I thought she had a wrinkled up tan camisole on!! Yikes!!

TheReal

I guess reality TV is all that is left. I guess I'll stick with my "People's Court".

Criss

Damn, she's been on that show for 41 years? I had no idea it was that long. But then again, I've never seen the show.

keeping it real

I will miss you Susan, You have been part of my weekdays for years. Goodbye Pine Valley. Goodbye Erika Kane. I will be watching till it ends.

4 REALZ

Lenawolf

Nice info, thanks for sharing to us.
Essence of Argan

Ashley

Do you know JustinBieber? Take this quiz NOW!! http://lx.im/1bQs6

lts

This woman is approaching 70. She has made a fabulous living for many years, as have many of her coworkers. I don't think we need to have a fund raiser for her any time soon. To me, the soaps are filled with talking models, not too many of whom could act their way out of a paper bag, Ms. Lucci included.

Before the haters reply, just remember, this is one person's opinion.

alan

wondering if she put any money in the bank to live on .
i sure hope so oh please let it be true .

Raejean

My God, you can count the bones on her upper chest. Ladies, this is when you are TOO THIN.

Sydney

I am sure that Susan Lucci will be very ine. The problem is that the station failed to inform her of the cancellation before informing the other cast members. Should they have? Yes. They showed no respect for her 41 years of loyalty. But this is how it happens in all industries. Probably the entire team heading the cancellation decision has been with the station less than 40 years. The loyalty of the old days is long gone. Welcome to more "reality" shows.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments