DJ Quik Smokes Out Cali Weed Shop

4/22/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ Quik -- one of the biggest names in hip hop -- took over a marijuana dispensary in Los Angeles yesterday for his album release party ... and in a matter of minutes, the whole place was up in smoke.

0421_dj_quick_ex_wm

We're told Quik was extremely mellow during the party (duh) ... and through the cloud of weed smog, signed autographs, performed a few songs from the new album "Book of David" ... and ate a piece of a special pot-themed cake.

0421_dj_quick_wm_1
Who knew glaucoma patients like to party so hard?!

0224_whatcha_smokin_footer

sonny

FIRST!

Steve

I didn't even know DJ Quik was still alive.

Ty

Alcohol is legal and ganja not. Crazy world. Alcohol kills people and they act crazy on it, while on weed you just wanna eat cookies and chill out for the most time.

bunny

Yes, people on medical marijuana do party, even though they claim they are in too much pain to work. I see these people hop up to their feet and start dancing to 70's music and yell and scream and have a grand old time. Some medical marijuana users really are in pain and cannot get up but the majority that I've seen over the years are smoking their real sick patients meds and partying it up.

Ari

What a coincidence...all those glaucoma patients in one room at the same time...!

hellsorderoftheilluminati

superchicken

So that whole "medicinal marajuana" stuff is all fertilizer? I'm glad we finally got that settled.

Dennis Johnson

I love it!

Sammie

And you're telling me all those people have pot cards? What really pisses me off is stunts like this really F**K it up for the rest of us, like ME, who use medical marijuana for actual illness. Thanks a whole bunch, you jerks who abuse the law, for the day I can't use it legally anymore as a medication. Where I live, because of jerks like these people, we who truly need the drug for actual, verifiable (ya ought to see my medical records) diseases already have more and more restrictions put on us every day. Argh!

noneofyourbusiness

LEGALIZE IT!

Canadasux

Idiots!

becky

I'm confused... Please help!! Isn't LA in the US and isn't it illegal to use pot unless you have a medical certificate? Yet we have photos of a open hip hop pot smoking party going on and were are the police to shut this down and arrest someone? God another reason LA police and government needs to be cleaned out.

becky

Legal pot is for the sick... every single person in that photo are young and very healthy looking? I think they need to take some certificates away from some doctors there also. These shops need to be shut down and only the vet hospitals or hand appointed doctors can give and dispense legal pot. This is crazy!!! If this is the case just legalize it and we move on.

Kari

I've never heard of him.

Sanbabi

I cant wait to be in Cali.. I love u DJ Cute as hell still!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments