James Frey -- Returning to Oprah???

4/21/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After being publicly SHAMED by Oprah Winfrey back in 2006 ... author James Frey will reportedly return to the "O" show to again face off with the talk show queen on one of her final episodes.

0421_james_oprah_BN_getty_01

Of course, Oprah famously tore into Frey when she found out he made up a ton of details in his hugely popular memoir, "A Million Little Pieces."

Now, according to the New York Post, Frey will return to the show and will talk about how his life was affected by the scandal over the past 5 years.

No word on when Frey's ep is scheduled to run.

Amy

I think Oprah apologized for that incident?! I LOVE James Frey!!! His books A Million Little Pieces and My Friend Leonard are MUST reads! I couldn't put them down!

stu

O is running out of ideas for shows.

Jackie

WHO CARES....YOU LIED AT THE BEGINNING, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE YOU AT ANYTIME. I HATE LIARS.....AND OPRAH PLEASE GO AWAY....YOU ARE OLD NEWS.

Rebecca

Oprah made me mad when she tore into James Frey for lying in a supposed non-fiction book, but not Obama. When Obama admitted he made up a few things to make his non-fiction book more interesting. Double standard, anyone?

Susan62509

Let me guess...Oprah is bringing him back so he will say his life changed for the better every since Oprah confronted him and give her all the credit.

Oprah is desperate because she's running out of ideas for shows and people are burnt out. I read she is having problems getting sponsors for her OWN network because they are fearful if her audience will follow her there.

Go away Oprah, you keep tooting your own horn and it's boring.

artie help

rebecca i agree totally, what are you wearing?? joke by the by

Jackie

Hi Oprah...can see now what you were saying ....he he......just happened to be in a toilet......do u wanna meet again? and finalized our unfinished biz?....let me know.

Love from James Frey

george clooney

Since she is out of fresh ideas...how about a show on her opening an all girls school in Africa and how OPRAH allowed sexual assaults to take place and she was not held accountable. Maybe we can investigate her half sister, who just seems to show up out of no where...and as if Oprah did not know ??? Of course she did not know. She is more of an Uncle Tom than anyone that has ever been on TV but I do not hear the blacks attacking her. Oprah, you trying to dis the PREZ now is only the smoke screen you have always put up when your numbers fade. Why is your audience almost ALL white? Why is your breath, as some claim....the smell of tuna? OK, well, chew on it and get back to me.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

He has absolutely NO credibility. None. If his lies weren't exposed he would have kept his mouth shut & people would have blindly believed him. Some still do. He gives authentic non-fiction writers a bad name. He'd fit write in at the NY Times.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Excuse me. "right" in.

Kathy

Why are liars glorified on TV and everywhere else nowadays? People are making a living off their lies. Amazing how they get away with it and are forgiven to do it again.

always

So sick of Oprah getting rich off other people downfalls and backs. Phony lesbo.

msuddz06

who cares if he lied. a million little pieces was amazing and so was my friend leonard. people need to stop complaining so much.

Allyson

I don't even care if some of A Million Little Pieces isn't true... it was one of the best books I've ever read -- as well as My Friend Leonard. I was furious when Oprah tried to sabatoge his career. James Frey rocks.

gmfuhlman

Amy I so agree with you.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments