Beyonce Accused of Destroying Xmas for 70 People

4/26/2011 6:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce Knowles is a "morally reprehensible" person who screwed 70 people out of their jobs one week before Christmas ... this according to a new legal documents obtained by TMZ.

0426_beyonce_doc_bn_2

A video game company called Gate Five filed papers today in NY -- in which they claim they had a deal in place in 2010 to create a game with Beyonce called, "Starpower: Beyonce."

According to the docs, things went awry during a "crucial moment in the project's development" when Beyonce made "an extortionate demand" for more money -- even though the two sides already had a deal in place.

Gate Five claims her move "drove 70 people into unemployment, the week before Christmas" ... and notes that one of the project's backers described her conduct as "morally reprehensible."

The company claims it is entitled to the $6.7 mil it invested into the venture -- as well as more than $100 million in profits Gate Five believes it would have earned had Beyonce honored the agreement.

Superman

I don't get why companies want to partner with people of questionable character. They are ALWAYS a pain in the ass. And not to mention a Beyonce video game would have a very, very small niche of buyers anyways.

Truth

I KNEW IT!!!! NOW SHIET HITS THE FAN. BEYAAAWNCE AINT ALL THAT... BITCH COMES OFF AS A SQUEAKY CLEAN CELEB BUT BEHIND THE SCENES SHE'S A TWO BIT FRAUD WAITING TO HAPPEN. HER DAD TAUGHT HER EVERYTHING SHE KNOWS INCLUDING SWAGGER JACKING AND FRAUDULENT BUSINESS PRACTICES. TRUTH!!!!

dave r

typical black person. always thinks someone owes them more than they are worth. for all of you who will say i am racist..well..your right. lol. she will end up in the welfare line because of the IRS..they all do sooner or later. woot. i love my life!!!!!!

Sundae

I knew it. She has always given this "I'm a good Christian", "I'm a shy girl and need Sasha Fierce to go up on stage" persona. It is all an ACT!

travcm

A lot of envious people are jumping on the bandwagon to hate on Beyonce. Why? Lawsuits like this are common these days. There's really no evidence of wrongdoing in the explanation of what occurred. It looks like another frivolous suit that will eventually get dropped. In the meantime, it serves as an opportunity for the jealous to vent about how terrible Beyonce is. I can only feel sorry for all those who hate another because of the success they have.

sunshinerad

I have never been impressed with Beyonce. I actaully cant
stand looking at her, or listening to her. She is ghetto
trash. So are her parents, and her low-life husband.
Enjoy the ride Beyonce, and stop trying to be WHITE.
You are not white, and do not have the class to be so.
You know what you are.

White people have class? You watch too much television.

db

greedy bitch! how much more you need?

WNT

I haven't read the previous comments...I'm trying to figure out what does CHRISTMAS have to do with anything. Then a week before, I'm sure there "Gifts" were purchased weeks before.
Then how does this make them "Unemployed", the company Gate Five been a company, been doing business. I don't think they meant to say unemployed, maybe they mean the 70 employees were focusing on that particular project & it just didn't work out.
B. Carter I got your back, they tripping!!

moe

FINALLY people realize that she is a big fake, annoying, and a low grade piece of ****! Her music SUCKS!

wow

ajwillams 4 hours ago

She is a talent less fraud and **** and just a reminder You are Black not White stop trying to look White!

Shut the hell up. Americans are so damn stupid!! This lady is 50 percent white. She can choose to look white, black, Asian or whatever because it's her life and her decision. It's nobody's business. I'm sick of people telling others they're trying to be white, black or whatever. Who the hell cares? Nobody should be telling anyone who or what to be. She's mixed and half her DNA is white so deal with it. Who the hell are you to judge? There's nothing wrong with tanning, implants, weaves or anything that makes people happy. Life is short. I'm glad I'm not a stupid, racist American. No wonder people hate you. Stop hiding behind a computer and spewing garbage you wouldn't say to a person's face you cowards. Yes, I would say this straight to your face if I knew you!!

chrisg

LOL Ashton Kutcher jinxed her with punk'd!

Mrs. Mathers

wow lots of haters on here...u guys believe everything u read, that makes yall dumb!

the DQ

That kind of behaviour from her doesn't surprise me a bit. Can you say diva b*tch?

1luv

Bey is a fugly bottle blonde, weave wearing bitch with a nasty attitude...oops almost forgot her zero talent beyond shaking her butt pads. Go to the Alps and yodel your tone deaf songs there for the mountain goats.

@ topic...these fools are crazy if they thought she would make that much money for them. Sorry folks but you will lose this case.

greg

ok so obviously the deal haden't gone through yet or else they would have been suing a long time ago. So this tells me that they somehow got it in there heads that if you are looking into making a deal, then before making the deal decide to back out because you don't feel your getting what you should out of it, you then owe money for them jumping the gun on getting it set up?!?! how the heck does that make any sense??? Last time I checked if I'm talking to lets say OCC, and I want them to make me a custom motorcycle and I'm waiting for them to get back to me with some simple plans, and the day they send me the plans to decide if it's what I want they start building it and when I see the plans I don't like it and decide not to have them build it, they can't just decide I owe them the money as I never finished the deal, Plain and simple.