Lindsay Lohan on Leno -- 'I'm In the Clear Now'

4/26/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Despite more jail time looming in her future -- Lindsay Lohan kept it positive during her appearance on "The Tonight Show" -- telling Jay, "I'm in the clear now. I feel like as long as I stay focused, then I will be able to achieve what I want to achieve."042611_lohan_today_leno_still

Lindsay's pre-taped interview airs tonight -- and as we first reported, Lindsay chose Jay because she liked the way he's treated her through the years.

W

She just does not get it. I hope she gets ONE year in jail after the jury convicts her of being a THIEF! I will never pay any money to watch her on the big screen. I hope she loses the Gotti roles because she is in jail.

Home Skillet

Good for you, Lindsay - taking ownership for your past, and setting a clear course for the future. Cleaning up your side of the street, and moving on. That's all you can do, so good work, girl! We're looking forward to a bright future for you!

W

yeah she will have a bright future....in an orange jump suit!

Jill

W

what is she not getting? she's admitting her mistakes, taking responsibility for those mistakes and admitting she is now paying the consequences of those mistakes. what more do you want?

i think her saying she's in the clear, she's talking about her sobriety and being sober right now, not about her legal issues.

Home Skillet

Nah - I think she finally gets it, and is doing the right thing. She's maturing, which is great to see. I'm the first one to jump all over this girl's antics, but fair is fair and I believe that she's turned a corner. She's on the right path, so I wanted to put my $.02 of encouragement out there.

SURFCOWBOY

oh gawd, get over yourself already! No ones going to watch any of your boring D list movies, your fame has hit rock buttom and were still commenting on you only because were bored of seeing you being featured on TMZ. You are as worst as the chicks on 16 and pregnant. Maybe its your time to get knocked up by Sam the man, I would think by now she had a **** implant no?

Home Skillet

@Jill - sorry, the timeline reads a little weirdly. My reply was to W. I agree with everything you've said.

Also, my use of "girl" is just a term of endearment. I recognize that Lindsay is a grown woman, and am happy to see that she is finally recognizing that, too.

W

Ok, maybe you people should go check Audley Harrisons twitter page from over the weekend. Could you please give me some great excuse as to why she was in the men's bathroom over the weekend, knocking on doors looking for "Andrew." she is doing drugs again. And you people defending her actions, like she was some great person to being with, really make my day. Everyone needs a good laugh.

Dr. M

Lindsay: You are right = ur not a kid anymore = u stopped being "a kid" a long time ago.
I 'Finally' see hope and light in ur future = thank God !
To know one's self (Nosce Te Ipsum) is a life-long process = it seems u have started upon this journey (finally).
Peace be with you (Shalom Aleichem)
Look in the mirror and smile.
Peace
Dr. M
MM

awards

Will she do throat yogurt commercials?

pat

yeah yeah yeah

Heard it all before from you.

"I'm done with clubs..." Remember that you lush?

Wait until you really mess up and go up the river for years.

stargazer

By "clean", I'm assuming she meant she bathed that day, because anything else is a complete joke. Pretty much everything out of her mouth is a lie. I totally believe she is a kleptomaniac and compulsive liar.

pat

The problem with her is she always comes out and says these kind of things AFTER she gets caught anf right BEFORE she is due for a sentence.

I'm not biting

W

@ pat....

I could not have said it better myself!!

pat