Trump Questions Obama Birth Certificate

4/27/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is already taking the credit for getting Barack Obama to go public with his birth certificate ... saying, "I'm very proud of myself" ... but adds, "We have to see if it's real."

Obama Birth Certificate

Moments ago, Trump said, "Today I'm very proud of myself, because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish."

Trump added, "I want to look at it, but I hope it's true, so that we can get on to much more important matters ... he should have done it a long time ago."

He continued, "I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully, hopefully getting rid of this issue."

As for the actual document, Trump added, "We have to look at it, we have to see ... is it real? Is it proper? What's on it? But I hope it checks out beautifully."

dd

HAWAII IS MORE AMERICAN THAN PANAMA. McCain????

dd

@BUTTERMAN...there are planes leaving all the time MOVE BITCH!!

dd

@HARV, Lets have a TMZ convention in Las Vegas, have a ton of cops on security and have a good debate..Come on Harv..let's debate!

CA Girl

To dd: DID YOU FLUNK GOVERNMENT IN SCHOOL? The eligibility reqauirements to become GOVERNOR of a state are NOT THE SAME as those requirements for an individual to be eligible for the office of the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. As everyone knows - even you, I assume, Schwarzenegger was born in AUSTRIA. But Schwarzenegger never ran for PRESIDENT. Geez, dd. Do a little history reading, will ya?

CA Girl

To dd: your comment "HAWAII IS MORE AMERICAN THAN PANAMA. McCain????"

I give up. You really don't understand, do you? A U.S. military installation/base is considered U.S. territory. All territory under the control of the federal government is considered part of the "United States" for purposes of law. I hope that's clear to you now. Ciao.

Sunshine

He is still the president and will be until the next election........something you will never have on your resume........get over your self absorb self u pompous narcissist blow hard

Isabella Rottura

I am from Australia and i even have my doubts. Let Donald Trump do what he wants he has the money and power he might be on to something He is not a racist just that Obama has done nothing for your country, what the hell has he done? I believe Donald Trump could get your crappy country back on track now theres a man with power. He even tried to fix the problem with offering to buy the site where they wanted to put up that mosque where that horrifying 9/11 happened. He tried then to help his fellow New yorkers so ya all stop bitching on Donald Trump he may well be your saviour in the end certainly not Obama. Regards isabella Rottura From Melbourne Australia

Isabella Rottura

All you Americans ever do is use the race card it is so pathetic. isabella rottura from melbourne Australia

tellmeaboutit

LOL Here's Trump telling you how wonderful he is. I want to see what's under that gawd awful orange insect on his head. Full disclosure, wind bag.

tellmeaboutit

Trump is just a snake oil salesman who's confused the actual problems this country is facing with his reality show crap. And there are just enough people who think selecting a President is like voting for who you like on American Idol to think he's swell. Ah, the dumbing down of America - he's just the person to lead that effort while he's putting up his smoke screen.

Still, in the spirit of full disclosure, it would be fun to know what's under that insect on his head, how much he paid for each of his wives, etc. Trot out those tax returns, windbag! We learn more about The Donald and it's really, really not pretty.

Yazmine

WHY IS THIS AN ISSUE ON WHERE OBAMA WAS BORN? IT'S BECAUSE OF HIS BACKGROUND & WHERE HIS MOM & DAD CAME FROM. THIS IS ALL CHILDISH.. IF ANYONE 2 YEARS AGO HAD THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF DOUBT ON WEATHER OR NOT HE WAS BORN HERE THEN THEY SHOULD OF DISQUALIFIED HIM AND INVESTIGATED MORE. WHO THE HELL IS DONALD TRUMP ANYWAY?! HIS STATEMENT THIS MORNING " I ACCOMPLISHED WHAT I WANTED & NOW i have to check if it's real" oh please when did you become the "birth certificate police" get over this subject & get over yourself their are way more important things TO FIGURE OUT!! HE'S RIDICULOUS & IS ONLY EMBARESSING HIMSELF..

angeleyes

Donald - He should be called "duck" he's such a stupid man - focus on real problems with the country - you are nothing but a pompous Azz! Donald! I'd bet alot of your money has some slimy roots! So you like the publicity - Well you are showing yourself to be dumb as dirt IMO!

Jeff S - Spartanburg SC

Birthers = Racists = Dumbasses!!!!
Donald Trump, go "fire" youself for being so freaking stupid.
Come on America - we can do better than this piece of crap. He is spewing more hate filled non-sense than the Westboro Baptist Church members. Which he may very well be a member.

CAROL

THE "DONALD" HAS BEEN A TOTAL JERK AND VERY INMATURE WITH THIS ENTIRE ISSUE OF OUR BELOVED PRESIDENT'S BIRTH STATE. GR0W UP DONALD AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME.

OUR PRESIDENT ROCKS AND WILL WIN RE-ELECTION VIA A MAJOR LANDSLIDE....

BARACK OBAMA IN 2012 .....LOVE AND BEST WISHES FROM ALL OF US IN ILLINOIS : ) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ....

aul74

people are so racist, if Obama was white NOBODY would ask for his birth certificate.

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments