Trump Questions Obama Birth Certificate

4/27/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is already taking the credit for getting Barack Obama to go public with his birth certificate ... saying, "I'm very proud of myself" ... but adds, "We have to see if it's real."

Obama Birth Certificate

Moments ago, Trump said, "Today I'm very proud of myself, because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish."

Trump added, "I want to look at it, but I hope it's true, so that we can get on to much more important matters ... he should have done it a long time ago."

He continued, "I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully, hopefully getting rid of this issue."

As for the actual document, Trump added, "We have to look at it, we have to see ... is it real? Is it proper? What's on it? But I hope it checks out beautifully."

Paul Harris

So how many of the Birthers are also the ones that complain that Government spends too much time on senseless things rather than working on solving our problems? Well take a good look at yourselves in the mirror and you should publicly apologize for your sins of bearing false witness. Why do you folks and Fox "News" still retain any level of respectability after pushing these lies? Where is the accountability for YOUR actions?

Paul Harris
Author, "Diary From the Dome, Reflections on Fear and Privilege During Katrina"

joann kendrick

did'nt the slaves have to show their papers in order to prove they have been freed by their masters. this what donald trump is doing, wanting obama to prove he has been freed from africa as a slave.

Cheryl

Yes, Trump is an loud mouth idiot at times but it's much more disturbing that it took over two years to produce something as simple as a birth certificate. Obama was on the news yesterday all pissed off about having to finally show it....saying how this country has so many more important issues to deal with and how this was a waste of time - this on the same day he comes to Chicago to do the Oprah show at a cost of $180,000.00 per hour in travel & security expenses for us to pay!! I have lost what little respect I had for him.

Joanne

Trump what is the date of your certificate that you will disappear ... Idiot

skipper

I don't think this has anyting to do with being racist. Donald trump is the only one who is being straight forward and is questioning the pres hard the media does not pressure the pres with questions finally there is someone who is not afraid and tells it like it is. why did it take so long for the pres to show this. we still don't know . obama is everywere pretty soon his picture will be aquired to be in our houses on every building what has he done to are christian nation he says its not . he allows ramadan prayers on the white house lawn . wake up he is leading are nation in another way.

katie

Now that Obamas shown his birth certificate, I wonder if Trump will finally show his scalp?

Lori

Surely the GOP investigated this matter during the campaign and determined that he was indeed born in the U.S. I'm sure no stone was was left unturned in investigating this matter.

Donald's ranting about this issue is a waste of time. Don't believe the hype.

andre

WHO CARES. WHY DOES DONALD TRUMP MAKES OTHER PEOPLES BUISNESS HIS OWN... I DONT KNOW WHY ANYONE CARES

ecormom

TRUMP is trying to TRUMP up some viewers and also for the attention. If that's what he's looking for, I hope IRS is taking notes........Open up his finance books. "SHOW ME THE MONEY TRAIL".

margie

well let me see he is right about what the main reason that all this was about because obama is black if he was white there wouldn't be no question about it donald trump needs to shut the hell up and buy himself some good plugs for his head because that nest that he calls hair on his head i can't believe how much prejudice people are still around the world one question does a african american is there blood black does white persons blood is it white we all bleed the same color blood so what is the problem this is my opinion and who ever don't like oh well

jack szura

what an a-- hole! who listens to that blowhard pontificate about himself. hope he gets the republican nomination. obama's a shoo in!

andre`

Trump please shut your old hard cracked up face up. The people tell it like it is. You wanted Obama to get his birth certificate when all of the other Caucasian presidents never had to do that. Its wrong and immoral. Plus Trump, where is your finacial statements and income tax returns you promise to disclose. You are a hipocrite and you need to go down, six feet down.

sjordan

I think that was so stupid of trump to do that,he is a crazy man.

LiQiang

Trump has nothing to compare with Obama, that is why he started this stupied question, Guys get on life. I don't think that trump's funny hair style made in USA, or that hair is a wig..He can be a good drag queen..

JUNE J

trump is a silly school yard punk ,he couldnt beat the bullies so now that he's grown with the money his dad stole he want to throw is weight around . rump get alife will you.talk about the man you are married too.

Previous 15 Comments | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments