Trump Questions Obama Birth Certificate

4/27/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is already taking the credit for getting Barack Obama to go public with his birth certificate ... saying, "I'm very proud of myself" ... but adds, "We have to see if it's real."

Obama Birth Certificate

Moments ago, Trump said, "Today I'm very proud of myself, because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish."

Trump added, "I want to look at it, but I hope it's true, so that we can get on to much more important matters ... he should have done it a long time ago."

He continued, "I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully, hopefully getting rid of this issue."

As for the actual document, Trump added, "We have to look at it, we have to see ... is it real? Is it proper? What's on it? But I hope it checks out beautifully."

barbiemacs

Personally, I have never seen a COLB that used two different typewriters...but then I have never seen such a lousy president...so...

Sandra

Donald Trump is a mouth piece who needs to shut up!!!

Patti

The president just said "we need to stop the circus and distractions going on." Well, if you produced your birth certificate 2 years ago when it was asked for, none of this would have happened. " I was amused for 2 years by the attention this received" he said. Glad we amused you ... you clown. Is it 2012 yet?

Dan

barbiemacs, you've obviously forgotten about the Bushs.

I'm a 30 year registered Republican and I still cannot forget about those horrors and what they did to this country.

Bubbles The Chimp

The certificate is 'REAL'. Just like 'quirrel Head' Trump's multiple bankruptcy filings.

Steelers suck

STFU Trump!!! We're wondering if you were even born on this planet, you freak!! Just because you have money. Guess what, you have no class!! You're an ass. Someone drop this douche in Iraq or Afghanistan, please!!!

Uzi

Trump needs to forget about politics and go back to doing what he does best, building gaudy hotels and condos for rich people. Real New Yorkers can't stand him. And the Birthers need to get a life. If Obama weren't half black and didn't have a "funny" name no one would be questioning his U.S. citizenship.

jen

.white people of america wake up ,he is the president of u.s.a and there are nothing you all could do. Its so sad to see people like you all, make something out of nothing, no one ever ask george bush for his, because he is WHITE MAN from a powerful family. AMERICA will always be racist, because some white people think they are better than other races especially blacks, we all bleed the same.

Charles

Way to go: Trumpster!!!!

jack-55d79

This really makes 'birthers' look more stupid. The available evidence wasn't in their favour to begin with, but I predict they will prefix 'long form birth certificate' with things like 'alleged' and 'purported'. It's ad-hominem politics. Because that's how cognitive dissonance works.

acorn

Does anyone advise Trump? He seriously sounds like a megalomaniac. Big word, but fits him. He is totally diagnosable. Very creepy dude.

Bubbles The Chimp

Wish Trump would say if he is running already. Can not wait until the skeletons in his closet are fully available for the people to see this guy is no 'American Success' story but a story of a Con-Man with an addiction to licensing his name.

acorn

Mr. Trump, your grassy knoll called and it wants you back.

AyeJay

This just goes to show how ignorant Trump is, he wants people to vote for him for president but he starts fights for any little sh-t. Not a good look for you Trump, you really think people are going to vote for you when you're in the papers more for being a drama queen then actually making successful business moves. IDGAF, I know I won't be voting for Trump.

Home Skillet

Time to start combing through Tramp's financial records, and out him for all of the tax evasion that man has put the country through in the past few decades. Play with fire, Trampy, and you're gonna get burned!