Ex-Menudo Member Diagnosed with Cancer

4/28/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robi Draco Rosa -- a former member of the Latin boy band Menudo -- has announced he's been diagnosed with cancer.

Robi Draco Rosa Cancer
Rosa's manager released a statement ... explaining how doctors discovered a cancerous tumor in the singer's abdomen, near his liver.

The 41-year-old singer is currently receiving treatment at a clinic in Houston, TX.

Rosa joined Menudo in 1984 and stuck with group until '87. After the boy band years, he struck gold working with Ricky Martin -- writing and producing "Livin' la Vida Loca" and "She Bangs."

anonymous

@electriczipper What a cruel thing to say. Ever hear the phrase "if you have nothing good to say, dont say anything" Feel sorrier for you than for Robi, Im sure he will come out of this better than you. Have a wonderful and HEALTHY life.

twinskids

What a nasty thing to say-

I hope that he has a recoverable cancer..it sounds bad.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mike

Good Luck Robi..
You entertained us all since 1984 and look forward to more!!
Have a speedy recovery!!

Liz

how sad, that someone would react like electriczipper, I mean dude, this guy has been diagnosed with CANCER,and you don't have anything positive to say to him...
I hope he recovers and have a long life for his children and wife...

Dave

yo TMZ ... don't use an apostrophe to pluralize something ... we realize you're not actual journalists ... but come one!

Dave

Er, "come ON"

Jimmy

So sorry to hear this horrible news. Draco is a good man, great husband and father to his beautiful family. Good luck my friend.

Woot

@Dave... Humbling, isn't it. *lol*

claudia

I remember Robi from Menudo back in the 80's, actually my very first concert I went to. Sorry to hear about horrible news.
wishing and praying for healthy recovery. Good luck Robi
xoxo from Phx AZ

Jackie

Never heard of him, but my prayers to him.

Just sayin!

Everyone should just IGNORE the IGNORANT comments that electriczipper is allowing to come out of his mouth he just wants attention, poor pathetic soul! If he knew anything about God he would not make such a ridiculous statement! Get a life MORON and while your at it get educated! NO MORE ATTENTION FOR YOU!

Praying for Robi and wishing him well! ;)

Jim

I hope he is at M.D. Anderson in Houston, and not Burzynski's cancer quackery clinic.

croc

now this is a shame..get well my friend.

Dino the Dinosaur

...a penguin on a cold piece of ice. I wish and his family the best! He is a really hot piece, always has and always will be.

hector

get well soon boricua im a a fan of your music!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments