'Golden Voice' Ted Williams -- Headed Back to Rehab

5/5/2011 12:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ted Williams -- the homeless man with the "Golden Voice" -- is heading back to rehab today ... Ted's manager tells TMZ.

Ted Williams Rehab
We're told ... later today, Ted will return to the Origins Recovery Center in South Texas -- the same place he bailed on back in January.

Ted's manager says Mr. Golden Voice plans on attending a 90-day program to "get his strength back" and to get a "solid foundation in a 12-step program."

We're told Ted's book deal and reality show have been put on hold until he completes the program.

Jackie

LOL...Homeless and on drugs and famous...wow...!!...GOOD JOB HOLLY WOOD....HA HA

jxtr

He had a great comeback opportunity, but he has messed it up. Unfortunately, he's going to be homeless again.

anony

Who paid for all that new dental work?

TMZ dont like me

Man, this guy really does look like Obama, if he f-ed up his life....

sick of it

When a parent walks out on their kids that parent belongs under some dirt ....Do your kids a favor and eat a bullet you S***B

feebee

I say F**k it and just party... it works for me and I'm 92 and living the lifestyle I love. Party on ! I'm drinking Brandy right now my little kiddies !

Marcia

Sucessful rehab can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. The programs that try to quickly get people out of rebab faster than that most of the time are unsuccessful. I am glad that Ted has gone back and I hope that he will get well.

TeaTuTu

Dang Obama is lookin rough!

artie help

sarahphilli you heartles hemaphrodite, where's your compassion??

Lauren

The guy is a mess. He is better off on the street. What people are trying to do is clean up a homeless man and make him
something he is not. The guy is a drug addict bum and nothing more. Let it go!

noneofyourbusiness

I don't wish ill on him or think he deserves to die. Drug and alcohol addiction are TERRIBLE deamons to overcome. They are no respector of money or the color of your skin-they both can and will kill and destroy.

Look at the show Celebrity Rehab-Lindsay Lohan-Robert Downey Jr-the list goes on and on. Just because on the outside you appear OK-does not mean you are not dying on the inside.

I really hope that for the sake of his own life and the family that was destroyed because of his addiction-that recovery and healing for all involved will happen. I wish him much luck and success.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Obama and Gilbert Gottfried love child.

Anya

Glad to see he got new teeth. But, he needs to work on what's going on inside his brain. This may well be his last chance. Good luck, man.

GRYFFINDOR!

He was given such an amazing opportunity. He went from living in the streets to having a manager and wearing fancy suits. I was pulling for the guy when he went to rehab but then he left and destroyed any chance he had at success. Now he realizes it and is going back, but I'm afraid it's too late. Too much time has passed and no one is going to care about his story anymore. Whatever money he has will probably be used to finance his addiction and he'll be back on the streets.

Fallopia Lopez

Undeserving bum happened to hit at the right swing of the news cycle. I'm sure "on hold" means "extremely cold feet" due to the realization that they've just given a street person a book deal and TV show based on faded internet hype.

Good luck with that whole mess.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments