Paris Hilton -- I'm APOLOGIZING To Lindsay

5/6/2011 4:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton feels SO BAD about the verbal jab she took at Lindsay Lohan ... she's now issuing a full-fledged apology ... TMZ has learned.

Paris Hilton Apology

TMZ spoke with Hilton ... who tells us, "I apologize to Lindsay for the comment that I made. I was joking around but it was thoughtless and unnecessary."

We broke the story ... Hilton zinged Lohan on her reality show, "The World According to Paris" -- taking a shot at Lohan about her theft case. Lohan told friends she was hurt by the comment.

But Hilton insists she's serious about repairing the relationship ... saying, "I am reaching out to Lindsay so I can tell her myself."

chefadam

Any chance of a clepto-nympho cat fight?

chefadam

Terry- are you high?

Roberto

Paris will never change. She is rotten to the core.

Cartman

All will be forgiven when Paris lays out some big fat lines for Lindsay.

Sami

I can't stand this piece of trash!!!

Manimal

The statements of two worthless idiots are really not important...when is she going to jail??

Vinsetta

Lindsay should be apologizing to Paris and the rest of the state of California.

tellmeaboutit

Oh please. These are two of the phoniest, most useless people on earth. Besides, did Paris ever apologize for her involvement in the firecrotch episode? Fire, theft...if the crotch fits, etc. Recycle both of them into plastic.

JM

To those of you saying paris has class, give your head a shake. She is as rotten as they come....she is only doing it because she didn't get the laughs and positive attention she was wh@ring for when she made the comment in the first place. She realized she is despised and disrespected by most and it has nothing to do with Lindsay. She could have said a rotten comment about anyone and she would have gotten the same backlash, people can't stand her and her hypocrisy. Most people are just waiting for the next time she gets in trouble, we all know it is coming and look forward to it.

Lirazly

dunno why this cokehead is still talking. go to rehab so we can all have a fun laugh!!! haha!!!

the Seeker

vinsetta 56 minutes ago

Lindsay should be apologizing to Paris and the rest of the state of California.

yo vincente, she is, it's called community service and she has begun her apology and started her duty to make amends...so give her a chance your all dumb fat old sluts so STFU and go HATE on someone else LOSER !!!!!!

ucistu

boring.....move on

john

Paris you're a naughty girl.
You'll be punished accordingly as soon as you give it up...My friend say's he heard I was going back to school...I may for you...Anyway Glad to hear you makin' up with LINZ...You girls gotta stick together...You're beautiful and there aren't a lot of girls with experiences like yours running around.
I have a great idea for a show....Howard knows me, look me up...I used to see your mom and Dad in Southampton NY all the time...
I read in the Vanity Fair about your relationship with Elizabeth Taylor...She's been a good role model for you...and LINZ...
best,
john
xo

Sally

DOn't apologize for telling the truth.

lou

Really, why bother? Lindsay will find someone else to whine about in the next breath. Might as well save her the trouble.

And for a person who wanted to turn her life around and get back to acting, it doesn't sound like she's taking it very seriously if she's truly acting like a diva at her community service. I do hope that she wakes up a little bit while doing the community service but I doubt it if she's doing something easy, like craft projects. I liked the morgue idea because I thought it might shock her into some reality. But whatever.