Paul McCartney is ENGAGED ... Again!

5/6/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's 2011 ... and one of the Beatles is getting married!!! Sir Paul McCartney is officially engaged to girlfriend Nancy Shevell.

Paul McCartney Engaged

According to People.com -- the 68-year-old former Beatle popped the question to 51-year old Shevell -- a businesswoman from Jersey.

The couple has been dating since they met in the Hamptons in 2007. This will be the third marriage for McCartney and the second for Shevell.

All you need is love.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

michele

My sincerest congratulations to you both - i know this time will be forever........congratulations to my favorite Beatle (who happened to have written a song about me when I was 9 years old........or I thought so).

max

I guess when your that rich and you have more money than you know what to do with, getting married is a easy way to burn through tons of cash. This woman has just hit the jackpot.

cmusa

I hope he learned his lesson last time and got a pre nup this time.

Squibnocket

congrats to the couple... I think Paul got it right this time.

SURFCOWBOY

I couldnt care less, this dude annoys me. BEATLES or no beatles, I still wouldnt like him. Those British ppl, I cant stand them. Every British person I have ever met, woman or man have always been complete ahols. Same with the royal family, this is 2011, there is no purpose for "royals" and people to carry such idiotic titles. They are more like ACTORS now, nothing more yet morons who think less of themselves have no issue bowing down to them. Gawd damn British!

Mary

What wonderful news! Paul has always been my favorite since 1964!! Congratulations to both of them.

Todd

So is that Jersey or New Jersey. When speaking about an Englishman there could be a difference you know.

Aileen (Canada)

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away.....?!

Majestik

Good for him. I hope it lasts.

Rocko

Does he REALLY need to be married again? At this point, it really pointless. He has grown children and got it right the FIRST time, but I'm sure Linda would want him to be happy...I'll just pretend he's single as usual. And yes, I know I have isssues. :P

magentapyramid

Better luck this time, Paul.
Seriously, though, congrats and best wishes to you both.

Aileen (Canada)

Miss Scott - With a name like that you at least have Scottish (British) ancestory, through marraige or birth! So why not shut your piehole and give us all peace? Thank You.

dimes

Good for them. Let's see how long it takes Heather Mills to crawl out of the woodwork to comment on the situation!

Mynutz

Well,I aint sayin she's a gold digger but she aint messin with no broke broke broke...

audrey50

Holy Moley. A rich woman that age that hasn't shot her lips up. Will wonders never cease. (Ahem--->Marie Osmond.)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments