Ashton Kutcher

Negotiating to Replace

Charlie on 'Men'

5/13/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Deadline Hollywood says the deal is done -- Ashton is the new Charlie Sheen.

Chuck Lorre is in active negotiations with Ashton Kutcher to replace Charlie Sheen on "Two and a Half Men" ... sources familiar with the negotiations tell TMZ.

0512_ashton_kutcher_tahm_ex
We're told a deal has not been signed, but Lorre believes Kutcher is the guy who can keep "Men" alive and well.

But Lorre has two other prospects, sources say, if the Kutcher deal falls through. Our sources would not identify the other two actors.

We're told Lorre wanted Hugh Grant to replace Charlie, but those negotiations hit a brick wall.

Our sources say a decision on Charlie's replacement will be made by Wednesday.

Stay tuned...

ahhah

Hugh Grant? No woman is going to want to watch him-I didnt like him before his fall from grace. Rob Lowe? I don't watch him because he is pretty, I watch him because he is funny, so he would be a good choice, but a fool if he tied himself to this. Ashton Kutcher? Too young. Stamos? Too soft.

You don't replace, you move in a fresh direction. So Charlie and Rose are commmitted and POA is given to Berta. Berta moves in and a series of Berta encounters ensue-I vote Gene Simmons to be the first guest star leaving Berta's boudoir. Ernest Borgnine? Danny Devito? Roseann? The super guest stars are only brief surprise one scene exits at the end of each show-the rest of the show is the usual Alan Jake etc storylines. People will wait with baited breath to see who Berta beds each week.

john

you have all just been punked!

Devlin85

There is NO replacement for charlie.. Just put the damn show to rest and be done with it already! It's a dead horse! Stop beating the damn thing!!!

Jack

Chuck created Big Bang Theory without Charlie Sheen and it is doing better than Two men if you compare season to season ratings.

Charlie thinks Hollywood revolves around him, everyone in hollywood can be replaced...Charlie, Chuck, Cameroon or Ashton...No body is above the devil AKA alien who rules hollywood ;)

Two men will go on as before..'cos its not the stars but the WRITERS that make the show what it is...They have great writers...thats the difference...If you bring a Chinese from Shanghai, it will do just as good as before...

RLDAVIS70

TMZ was a little slow on this story ! Better sources says it is the contract is almost done and Ashton will sign.

Martha

No one will EVER be able to replace Charlie Sheen. I hope Chuck loses his ass. I say BOYCOTT CBS.

Shaun

Hey MELISSA DILAN...I read ur letter to TMZ...it is HORRIBLE...one thing that IMMEDIATELY jumped out to me...was UR LACK OF HUMOR...INSIGHT...COMEDY...CREATIViTY...no offense...but ur letter looks like something off a resume website...pure CRAP...honey...TMZ is comedy...you better write another letter cause I'd never hire you! I am only helping because ur cute. PEACE!

MRB

Good way to kill a show that is on life support already! No Sheen no reason to watch.

Trent

Noooooooooooooooo!!!! I will never watch that show again!

bring back recent posts

.....ahhah...love ur post....wishful thinking though..but greaaat idea!

Joe Blow

It will never work!

EarthAngel

As much as I would absolutely LOVE to see Hugh Grant in this sitcom, he has said not too long ago that he really doesn't even WANT to act anymore! TV takes a lot more effort than a movie so I seriously doubt it would even be on his radar

HM

Ashton Kutcher. I did not see that coming.

Oh, well. It is what it is.

Made it Past 27

So many rumors with the whole replacement thing. Every week it's a different actor. I will believe it when I see it.

LadyBeagles

Good Choice to Kill the show faster. No charlie no show, in fact i've been boycotting all of Chuck Lorre's shows..And if this happens i will continue to boycott as well. Just let the show die.