Ashton Kutcher: "I Can't Replace Charlie"

5/13/2011 10:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ashton Kutcher paid a little homage to Charlie Sheen in the official, just-released "Two and a Half Men" press release, saying, "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people."

Ashton Kutcher

TMZ has now further narrowed the range of Kutcher's salary.  We've learned it's between $800,000 and $900,000 an episode -- less than the $1.25 million base salary Charlie was raking in.

The press release has lots of platitudes from all the honchos.

Jay

He's very funny, Charlie has made a complete ass of himself this year and shown the world he is everything but a winner. If there is any hope for this show Ashton is the guy to pull it off.

I'll watch.

John

Chuck Lorre is a hollow empty little man. All you have to do is cancel the show and do a spin-off with Cryer as the star. But as is the case with most Americans these days, he has to show Charlie and the world that HE is in charge.

This show was about Charlie; his life, his crap, his delusions. That's why it was entertaining.

I won't watch it simply because I can't stand Lorre. And unlike 90% of America, I won't. I vote with my dollars because voting in November doesn't work anymore.

Those people who watched the show but hate Charlie are just a bunch of frickin hypocrites.

THIN LIZZY

It''l get ratings for the first 2-3 episodes. After that, it sinking like a rock. All you guys that bash on sheen, I met Ashton once, he is a miserable human being with no sense of humor. he's a pompous a-hole. Sheen shpould just keep quiet and laugh, they'll deliver the syndication deal for the 9 seasons, thus enabling him to collect one more fat residual check with the many others he collects.

Robdalec

What a bad choice. Will certainly NOT be watching this.

anony

"Multi-talented"
"Starred in box office hits"

Boy, talk about spin.
They're trying to turn chickenzhit into chicken salad.

angeleyes

Whew! Well I'm glad that is settled - Whatever the new storyline will be I'm sure Chuck Lorre and his team will provide great comedic writing and Ashton being a successful actor will pull it off. It will be a pleasure to see Jon Cryer, Angus, Conchetta and Holland once again as well as their comedic talents.
I'm a big fan of The Big Bang Theory and also enjoy Mike and Molly - it's not the actors that make a show for me - it's more the comedy that they portray that makes me watch.

Hopefully now Charlie Sheen will stop the bitter comments and get on with his own life.

victory

I've only watched the show once and it was about nothing. I don't know what all the hoopla is about. That being said, Ashton has a great personality and should do a great job in the role written for him. Sorry Charlie, no one will miss you.

ksis

Uhmmmm...Ashton is a successful actor? Ashton is a successful Demi Moore's husband.

Ashton

With a name like Ashton whats nott to laugh NOT!

This guy SUCKS he barely a man. Really cutie.....
but not the same.

I won't be watching.

debschira

it's a shame that it all boils down to MONEY. with all the americans out of work, you haggle about gazillions of dollars to keep your money raking sitcom on the air. i won't ask how Lorre and all the rest of the honchos sleep at night, cause i know what the answer will be "JUST FINE THANK YOU" you fuchers should be ashamed of yourself when there are people out of work and starving. tsk tsk. the only reason i watch the show is for Jon Cryer and Angus Jones and also Berta definetely! Priorities are really fuched up dont cha know????

Staceyann Dolenti

I loved Charlie but it turns out he was high on his horse thinking he was better than his fans. Charlie you were good looking and were a lucky sperm. Unless you turn your life and career around right now you will just be washed up. Charlie you are not that old yet. If you pull it ALL back together you still have a chance. Good luck with all that.

In the meantime Aston will do great on 2 & 1/2, forget about that and get your own life back together.

Great luck Charlie & Aston.

Staceyanncdolenti

Staceyann Dolenti

Yes Charlie that means getting off all the drugs & getting to the gym to get your looks back. Yes that's right you have to work to get your fans back.

Staceyanncdolenti

HM

Now that it's a done deal, I'm not going to second guess Chuck Lorre and anyone else involved in casting this new character. I'm happy for the cast and crew for their continued employment, and wish the writers and producers good luck in re-launching the show.

Char

His movies aren't hits, so not sure he can pull it off. He wasn't really that funny on the 70's show either. Oh well I guess the producers just wanted to prove something to Sheen, but I don't think the show will be much without Sheen and soon it will be canceled.

Shread

This Chuck Lorre guy must be a real jag off. It's one thing to loose the star of the show but to replace him with a zipperhead like Kutcher and paying him that mush money will only prove that he really is a Jag Off and Charlie was right all the time.
The Network and WB suits are really ignorant morons.