Charlie Sheen:

Ashton's Going Down

With the Ship

5/13/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen delivered the ultimate back-handed compliment to Ashton Kutcher, telling TMZ he's talented but the show will tank.

0215-charlie-twomen-logo-ex

Charlie tells TMZ, "Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer ... Oh wait, so am I!!"

Charlie continues, taking a shot at the show, saying, "Enjoy the show America.  Enjoy seeing a 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB."  Essentially, Charlie is saying the age group that supported him is going to tune out.

Charlie adds, "Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton.  There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."  Of course, Charlie is referring to his nemesis, "Men" creator and Executive Producer Chuck Lorre.

ksis

Back to Charlie...I support him with all my heart, but I STILL have no clue why he is saying all that stuff about Kutcher being such a talented actor who can take over for him.

ksis

Perhaps as you are in your 20's and I am in my 60's I have 40 more years of seeing just how the world of business works - Just as an overview for you - Sheen was an employee of Lorre and Warner Bros. they pay Sheen but they answer to CBS who pays them for the show - and CBS answers to their investors and advertisers - So where you see grumbles from Lorre on Vanity cards against CBS or their lawyers - it's because someone else higher on the food chain has said I don't like this - That someone could be me who has invested in shares or stock of their company and has enough shares or stock that when I grumble they listen - or it could be a bank who has invested their depositors money at a certain percentage point that requires a guaranteed return - We all answer to someone - but the rule of thumb is "He who has the gold rules"

**************************

First of all, I am NOT in my 20s, so I would appreciate if you didn't treat me here as a dumb kid who has no clue how the world works.
Sheen was WB employee in 2010 when they offered him the job for the next two seasons, and WB answered to CBS and CBS answered to advertisers. And ALL of them knew that Charlie was involved in domestic abuse case, was part of a huge scandal and had a trial over his head. Still, they offered him EVERYTHING that he wanted, just so that he would stay on the show.

ksis

The other side of Charlie, that is refused to be seen.

angeleyes

ksis I will not continue with justifications for everything here as obviously I am not aware of all the facts of your dismay - from the brief forays that I take into this debacle I took away that you were a polish resident who was a teacher in your 20's - looking after an elderly father - if those impressions are incorrect - then it's my mistake - I don't think you are a dumb kid - nor that you have no idea how the world works -

Here's another clue - I have a money making vehicle - I have big bucks in advertising that I as a network want to consolidate - yes I do have a troublesome head actor - a diva type - who is causing me nothing but grief but I will PROTECT my investment in him by getting his managers and publicists and authorities to look the other way when he acts out - pretty soon though his acting out gets out of hand - his actions will soon cause him to be incarserated (jailed) and I may be held liable - my insurance company advises me to cut this asset loose as they will no longer insure my production unless he is verified as reliable - my asset (Sheen) refuses to go along with the terms - I have no choice but to let him go -

Of course at the time WB and Lorre and CBS offered him another season they hoped the bigger pay day and such would get him into control - well they likely were hoping - they had a good thing - he had a good thing - what person in their right mind wouldn't want to protect that? But then Sheen went off into benders - out of control benders - benders they could no longer justify to anyone, nor cover up the damage control for anyone - Frankly his getting fired is the best thing that could happen to him - he is currently reportedly clean - sober and perhaps now can get a handle on his life and future - to me at least its a win win - he waved his sword and said finally he's free - well he is - it was his wish - now let's hope he can make a go of his life -

ksis

I said I am not in my twenties. That's the thing they got wrong while snooping in my private life.

And how do you know what they were hoping? Considering that him being accused of holding a knife to a woman's throat was not enough a reason to refuse to give him another contract, then I find it hard to believe that partying was such a reason. Let's be serious.
And he is making a good life, but people won't let him by judging him based on his past, not his present.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@ksis

Bring it, if you must.

Everything I said is true to the best of my knowledge, and even you say that the only thing not true was your age. The information was not “dug up” by anyone, it was given to us by someone who knows you from other places online. Someone who has seen how your abrasiveness has gotten you into all those battles that you yourself have told us about here, bragging about how you win and get people kicked off of forums. If there is any digging things up going on here it is what you did when you first came uninvited to read our private messages not knowing what you would find when you did.

Bring it.

It’s the KINDLY perspective on a person who defends the indefensible.

Bring it.

I expect you to bring it every time I am having a good time here and you feel envious or jealous. I expect you to bring it every time you feel that you aren’t getting enough attention. I expect you to bring it every time someone here ignores your admonishments to stay away from me. I expect you to bring it every time your frequent digs aren't getting the rise out of me that you want, because you are now talking to the hand.

Bring it.

Keep on bringing your edited versions of what I actually wrote, very few really care to read it anyway.

Bring it.

I expect you to keep on bringing it until everyone here is thoroughly SICK of it and wishes that you and your ugly vendettas would just GO AWAY.

So, by all means, keep on bringing it if you must.

ksis

Have a nice day snooping in my private life some more, thinking it's AOK just because you got it from someone. You know how disgusting that makes you look? But I think you enjoy it so have at it. Just accept the consequences.

ric

the show had no writing it is based on charlies true life how can you replace that.

camaguey

I don't know who to blame for my sadness. If Charlie for getting fired...but he made to work every day! He made to work on time, even! No matter how hard he partied! Is it that Lorre is so UGLY and tiny and unlucky in love and play that he fired Charlie because he's JEALOUS? Do I blame Tiny Lorre for using his power and firing Charlie? I am so upset. And now for this idiot (Lorre) to hire this other idiot (Ashton Ku...whatever) to replace Charlie? What a couple of idiots. I wish them FAILURE. What can you get when you team up two losers? Good thing for Kut...whatever that Moore has some money. The other actors are superb and will triumph and succeed past two-and-a-half, so I feel confident in wishing the show ILL, MAY IT TANK SO HARD that we will all hear it. There.

karen

never thought Ashston was funny and then.... his most famous career line. No Charlie no men. Hey Charlie, start doing movies again. Like "hey Dude where's my car" JK no person can replace you.

Lagoon

At first it was fun making fun of Charlie Sheen with certain posters from this group. Some in the group, however, have adopted a gang mentality. That gang is nothing more than a bunch of mean, old ladies.

ksis

@karen

Well, I think he should try something else and just forget about TAAHM. http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/charlie-sheen-offered-role-entourage-05-14-2011

Chaps

They could put freaking PeeWee Herman on 2.5 men, the fact remains, CHARLIE ISNT on it!

Chaps

Yeah, that'll be the day when Charlie forgets about 2.5 men.

It was the only good thing he excelled at, yanno acting like a whore mongering drunk while at work, boy he is gonna miss that gig for a long, long, long long time!

Josephina

Charlie Sheen is an arrogant f***. You weren't funny, you aren't funny, and you never will be.

Previous 15 Comments | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments