Botox Mom

Loses Custody of Daughter

5/16/2011 11:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The woman who admitted on national television that she injected Botox into her 8-year-old daughter ... has now lost custody of the girl.

0516-botox-mom-gma-bn
Child Protective Services in San Francisco launched an investigation last week after Kerry Campbell went on "Good Morning America" and told the world she gave her daughter Britney the anti-wrinkle injections herself ... to help her compete in beauty pageants.

According to ABC News, Britney has been removed from the home by CPS and taken into their custody while an investigation is conducted.

Britney is reportedly "doing well."

patti

I know everyone thinks this is great that the mom lost her kid, and maybe it is, I do not know her. But this is not a good thing for the child. I do not think this was the right move by CPS. They do not often get it right and I fear this is another (mishandled) case file to them. I really hope that there is a family member that has taken her in, she has got to be freaked out. They say she is doing well, what else would they say, she is crying and scared and wants to go home? She loves her mom and we are trying to get her to understand how bad her mommy is, but she wants to go home anyways? I know many people that had to live through the system as kids and I would not wish that outcome on any child! EVER! I hope and pray that within 24 hours she was placed with a family member that will be able to keep her for a long time if that be the need and help her through this. And I hope the mom gets some serious counseling as well. They both need it, Oh this poor little girl, did you see the video, she just wants to be pretty and make mommy happy. She is 8 years old and Beautiful and she thinks she needs to accept the pain to achieve success. I just wanted to cry and after seeing that they took her away, I think I will.

Rico

That mother is sick and outrageous, and now apparently they are saying its all a scam, there is no one by that name in San Francisco, maybe its all a "balloon boy" scam to get attention...but seriously, I agree, that fat gap-toothed homely kid could only win a contest put on by the Kennel Club, she is a sad little woofer, like her mother.

Lisa

TOM HANKS, TODDLERS AND TIARAS, WORTH A WATCH!

Donna

I am so happy to hear that this little girl is now in a safe place. I could not believe my eyes when I watched as this mother put a needle in her little girls face. And to make this child self conscience about wrinkles already is mental abuse. These beauty pageants have created monsters, who create fake beauty. There needs to be serious laws put into place to make these pageants about the natural beauty of a child only.

Marilyn

This woman knew it was wrong for her to inject her daughter, but she did it anyway. That's why she wouldn't reveal her source. Didn't she see what happened years ago when Priscilla Presley was injected at a "botox party" when it was new. Her face was ruined. This stuff is poison and they do not know the long term effects.

MG80

A girl that I went to Highschool with puts her 1 1/2 year old daughter in beauty pagents. After seeing this story I starting to fear for the child.

Barbarascy

While I totally think that this woman is bat****, I have to wonder about the doctor that actually did the injections on the child. I mean what doctor would actually listen to this nutcase? I'm sure that people walk into doctor's offices all the time with crazy requests, but does that mean the doctor should comply? Look at Michael Jackson's case. Okay Michael Jackson wants a certain drug to help him sleep, but that drug is not intended for that purpose. Does the doctor comply? NO! HELL NO!

Barbarascy

Oh, my God! I just read that she gave the girl injections herself making my original posting somewhat mute! Where did she get the Botox though?

brownfan

What about the professional who injected her? Take away the medical licence.

MariJoy

All these moronic, vapid, shallow beauty pageant moms should have parenting lessons - their values are SKEWED...

CrabbyPatty

This is the saddest story every! The child's self-esteem is forever scarred and skewed by a tyrant mother. I hate the child beauty pageant circles. These "mothers" (and I use the term very very loosley) are crazy!!!! Outrageous!

lw

This woman is seriously stuck on stupid. The craziest part of this s**tstorm is the fact that this woman actually brought attention to injecting her child with botox on national tv, as if that's such a normal, legal occurrence. Did she really not realize that it's illegal for a non-licensed professional to administer botox? To a child? Yikes.

DeeRae

Can "mommy" say V*A*I*N? For 1 I believe these pageants need to take a long hard look at their competitions. FAKE hair, FAKE teeth, FAKE tans, color contacts, ADULT clothes, ADULT makeup. Now a not so bright mother has given her 8 yr old Botox. When is enough going to be enough?!?!? Breast implants at 12? It's time that they start doing the pageants solely on the children’s true beauty. I don't know the stats of how many of these young girls will continue the "pageant" life into their teens/adult hood. What I picture are these little girls growing into young teens then young women with the mind thought that the pageant life is the ONLY way to have true beauty. One day they're going to wonder why they have total..utter..snobs that value NOTHING. Good luck!

pyrochick

Duh, Her first mistake was to shoot her daughter in the face with this poison. Her second mistake was to advertise it to millions of people via television. Is she a dumb blond or what??? I'm so happy that this child has been removed from her care!!!!

pyrochick