Danielle Staub QUITS Stripping -- I Need Mental Help

5/19/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub says she has officially quit her new job as a stripper -- and has reached out to Dr. Drew Pinsky to help resolve her psychological problems.

0519_danielle_staub_bn_tmz

TMZ broke the story ... Staub signed a 3-year deal with Scores Gentlemen's Club in NYC recently ... but after we posted the photos, Danielle had a change of heart.

Staub tells People.com, "I have addictions with love and low self-esteem, and I need help!"

She added, "My low self-esteem derived from childhood sexual abuse and has messed with my mind and self-worth, and over the years I thought about getting help but pushed it deep into the depths of denial."

"For years I have had the suicide hotline on my cell phone and would like nothing more than to free myself from this constant pressure."

"Seeing how I have hurt myself and my family this time, I can no longer push it behind me."

So far, no word if Dr. Drew will meet with Staub.

Ivan in Phoenix

This was her lame attempt to get on another TV show for money.

Kabala

Her eyebrows need help...

mannequin

I guess the stark reality of mental illness slapped her in the face when people started laughing at her stripping.
She made a fool of herself and calls it mental illness.
I'm wondering if a large majority of people in Hollywood don't have some mental illness. Everyone has *issues*.

who dat

If she is telling the truth about having the hotline number on her cell phone, i have empathy for her. It is no laughing matter. I would hope she gets real mental counseling, not that phony asss carnival show Drew is conducting.

FlamingoNut

She's only using Dr. Drew to land a stint on Celebrity Rehab. She's a useless waste of oxygen.

lou

Well, good for her for seeing this. Hope she is able to find some meaningful help and put the abuse behind her, as much as she can.

who cares

She is looking more and more like octomom.

who cares

Haha she is tore up. And it is obvious she must be on a bar or two of xanax. This skank has major problems stripping is only one of them

THIN LIZZY

Sounds like the club wanted her to turn tricks and she used the mental issue thing as an out.

maggie mae

She is one sick axxhole!!! If Dr. Drew takes her on his show, he is a bigger jerk than I thought! She is on the same level of M Salahi, a bold face liar only looking for their 15 minutes of fame. BOTH ARE LOSERS!

nanunanu

what a load of crap

moe l.

Guessing she was booed off the stage every time she started to take off her clothes. No one goes to a strip club to have nightmares.

Maileeann

She just wants to be on another reality show, I am sure others have said the same thing. It would be refreshing if the producers of Celeb Rehab would turn her down. Drew has nothing to do w/who ends up on the show from what I understand.
She's the last person I want to see on tv. She just makes me cringe more than any of these media whores(Real Housewives). She is just a skank. I don't believe at all that she is seriously in need or wants psych help. Just more tv time since no one else will touch her. She is poison.

geeker

she has more teeth then the stripper's around where i live. i will give her that.
still, looks more like a street whore then a stripper.
yeah, guess who needs help. heh.

((i choose to use caps therefore i am))

Veragoxx

"Childhood Sexuall Abuse" Sorry Staub, Jews Don't moleste anyone. ****in Liar!