« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kyle Busch on Speeding Bust -- 'I Got Carried Away'

5/24/2011 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kyle Busch just issued a sort-of apology for his 128 mph speeding ticket -- chalking up his ridiculous speed to a test drive gone wrong, and the blatantly obvious ... "I got carried away."

0524_Kyle_Busch_GETTY_BN

In his statement Busch says , "I was test driving a new sports car and I got carried away. I went  beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment."

The NASCAR bad boy was driving a Lexus LFA when cops in Troutman, NC pulled him over today ... doing 128 mph in a 45 mph zone. BTW ... the LFA packs about 552 horses!

Busch added, "I take responsibility for my actions and I can assure you that something like this will never happen again."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

MickiMouse

...how ironic--his idiot brother Kurt got busted for the same thing in Phoenix a few years ago and had the audacity to tell the cop " don't you know who I am? ". I know a few NASCAR insiders and they say that these two Busch brothers are THE most spoiled brats ever. But hey, there may be hope-- Tony Stewart is finally growing up at 40!

thegoof529

80 MPH over the speed limit? Don't you loose your license for that?? If not he should have! He is enough of a reckless driver on the track! Imagine him 80MPH over the limit on a public Road!

J C Kimball

TMZ, you took my comment off. FINE ! ! ! you are all a bunch of f**king IDIOTS anyway. Go Kyle, I wish I was riding in the car with you. . .

michelle

I'm a nascar fan. I acknowledge Kyle B's awesome talent on the track. He should limit the high speeds to race tracks and show a bit more respect on the public roads as most of us do daily, respect for our fellow drivers, pedestrians and for the law. He gets plenty of track time in 3 nascar series to drive fast. Kyle claims he was test driving a Lexus, so where was the sales rep? Anytime I've taken a car for a test drive I've been told that I must be accompanied by a representative from the dealership. I guess rich, famous nascar drivers get better treatment than the rest of us when it comes to test drives; and when it comes to tickets, too. I've heard the ticketing officer failed to sign Kyle's ticket. If this is true (I've not been able to confirm) it means Kyle pays no fine and faces no penalty because an unsigned summons is legally invalid. The cynic in me wonders if the failure of the ticketing officer to sign Kyle's summons was an oversight or a courtesy to a member of the nascar community who pumps up the north carolina economy. I'd love to hear back from NC law enforcement or a PR person for KB if any of those folks read and respond to TMZ comments. There is a big disparity and a lot of unfairness here. I think I need to boycott nascar for awhile and put the money I save on Monster Mile race tickets into an account to pay any future speeding tickets I incure, since unlike Kyle I will have to pay them.

Dave

Typical Kyle! Just when you think he may be growing up a bit, BAM, no way! At keast his brother has changed a lot, maybe Kyle can learn from him?

BL

I think what you all fail to realize is that 128mph is like you and I driving 65.....this man KNOWS how to go fast. If a cop (trained to drive fast...) was caught doing the same thing, they'd let him go too.

The man KNOWS how to drive fast better than most people on the planet

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7