« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger: I'll Donate $1 Mil If No One Asks About ...

5/24/2011 8:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods is about to begin a news conference for the AT&T National golf tourney in Philadelphia ... and just twittered that he would donate $1 MILLION to charity if nobody asks about his injured leg.

0524_tiger_woods_BN_Getty_01

Tiger wrote, "Almost press conference time. I'll donate one million dollars to [The Tiger Woods Foundation] if no one asks me about the leg."

Of course, it's almost an impossible challenge because Woods withdrew from the Players Championship tournament earlier this month -- citing an injury to his left leg.

8:26 AM: FIRST QUESTION -- "HOW ARE YOU FEELING, HOW'S YOUR HEALTH?"

GAME OVER?

UPDATE: Seems like Tiger is going to cough up the cash anyway -- he just tweeted, "Bet was over after first question but of course I'm going to give the money to the TWFoundation."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kenneth

Hey Tiger - I'm a no one and I could care less about your leg. Gimme my million baby!!

Carl

How stupid. Maybe if it was 1 million to not ask about his personal life that would make sense. But an injured leg is a legitimate topic for a golfer to talk about at news conference before a golf match.

Tom C.

I'll donate all of my money to my own savings account too.

Stupid People Hater

The reporter who asks about his leg will look like a fool but Tiger will still look like a fool if he doesn't donate the money after being asked.

Sashatree

hahahha......some exotic position, no doubt, that a man his age should not be attempting!

messenger69

Hows your leg no Iam sorry I mean hows you game?

Ass Hole!!

Cooper

What is "The Tiger Woods Foundation"?

azlee

aweee, you all got that off his twitter. I was hoping that by some miracle they wouldnt' do it just because they were letting up. lol

Jj

I wonder how big the charity price tag would have to be to get people to not ask about his infidelity and all related issues back in 2009/2010.

azlee

the Tiger Woods Foundation isn't his piggy bank, but it is a way to help people without funds and with dreams go to school. Read more about it here.

azlee

ps. read the annual report it says a bit more.

MikeD

Aw Nuts.. the Reporters should have asked... about HOW the $1,000,000 would be spent... to the foundation.. and how many KIDS it would have helped... DOES ANYONE THINK besides me.. that THAT is more important than TIGERS LEG? Please, gimme' a break. I LOVE KIDS, I'm not so hot on injured legs, especially Tigers !

Marlyn

Sa****ree- that's exactly what I was thinking!!!

tylarone

Tiger, donate $1million to what charity?? You can donate to any charity, any amount, as you have more than enough to live on. You are in sports, if any part of your body is injured, and makes you unable to play the game, people are going to talk about it. If you want people to back off, take your millions and withdraw from public life. Simple. That is the way it is, and that is what you have chosen.So...decide...or shut up...but make sure you donate anyway...

lou

The guy has a bum leg. So he's not allowed to have a bum leg? Really silly to hound him on it ESPECIALLY if he asked you not to and said he'd donate $1 million to charity if you didn't. Kinda sleazy to bring it up. But it'd be nice if he donated a million to charity anyway - how about the tornado victims, Tiger? They really need it more than you do.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments