Jeff Conaway Autopsy Taking Place Today

5/28/2011 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE 2:55 PM PDT: The autopsy has been completed and, as expected, the cause of death has been deferred ... awaiting toxicology results.

The LA County Coroner is conducting an autopsy on "Grease" star Jeff Conaway this afternoon ... TMZ has learned.

0513_jeff_conaway_ex_getty
According to our sources, the coroner is expecting the results to be inconclusive and a cause of death will not be able to determined until toxicology results are in ... which take about 4-6 weeks.

Conaway passed away yesterday at the age of 60 after he had reportedly fallen into a coma earlier this month.

M

Jeff was a very nice man, warm hearted. I met him when he did some info work for a company I worked for. We also spoke on the phone many times, He deserves love and warmth from his family and respect as a human being. Do not trash this man. He was simply lovely (if any one on this site had met him in person) I have...and I just remember the energetic, positive man that he was.

It is too bad that he met Vicky Lizzy.

andyconda

Dr. drew how many have you lost in the last 2 years. damn you are a Sorry A$$

texasbadboy

STD's If you know anything about Doctor, patient confidentuality. When Jeff died the doc.pat.con.clause. Goes out the window. DR.Drew had every right to go record abuot Jeff's death JEFFLOVEDYOURWORK R.I.P.

Jackazz flatts

He died from "Dr Drew Poisoning" just like the guy from Alice in Chains last month. Celebrity Rehab = Death

Red

An autopsy is being performed probably because the attending physician will not sign the death certificate and a cause of death is in question. This happens a lot. Yes, toxicology takes 4-6 weeks to get results in sometimes 8 weeks. Crime labs are always backed up on tox results because they have so many to do.

Street Smart

mimi
I shouldnt laugh but your post was funny

Dutcarm (Australia)

Just anothtr 'junkie' .. .. NEXT?

Bridget

I thought he was hot in Grease. I am sad he was in such pain. I am also sad he was such a druggie. May he rest in peace.

lil harvey

Kerrplunck, absoulutly AGREE. Let Jeff R.I.P. He now is free from all his demons. Come on people have a little grace. He is in a better place now. Love you Jeff, nothing but good wishes for you. Fly with the eagles !!!

kim purdy

So sad...loved jeff....like I really loved him...in my mind

Cartman

Big news, huh?

I guess the autopsy will show he had a crackpipe lodged in his throat and a liver full of Oxy.

This is no way to honor a dead drug addict.

RIP doper dude

lili

Grace 18 hours ago
I know Jeff shouldn't have been doing the street drugs and drinking, but Jeff suffered from chronic pain due to all his surgeries on his back, neck, etc...... I feel like if they, the doctors, had had his pain under control maybe he would not have used the street drugs or taken too much of his meds the doctor gave him. I feel like he was only trying to stop or lessen the pain. If you were in pain 24 hours a day you would probably do the same thing he did!!!! I am very sad to hear of his death but I am so glad he is not suffering any more. He is finally at peace.
********************************************

Please stop blaming doctors for not having his 'pain under control.' NOT ALL PAIN IS FOREVER MANAGEABLE. Doctors are not magicians. There is also INCREASED PAIN IN DRUG ADDICTS. Ironically, those who abuse drugs ( painkillers, opiates) actually have HEIGHTENED PAIN WHICH IS VERY REAL.

But there is NOT always a 'MAGIC TRICK'. So please stop blaming doctors because some celebrity who abused drugs couldn't deal. Yes, I feel sorry for anyone with back problems, and prescription pain abuse is ON THE RISE and at very high levels in the US. You can blame pharmaceutical companies, you can blame people who don't know when to stop taking them, you can blame people who can't handle a tiny bit of pain also.

I have had many surgeries and can't tell you how many unfilled prescriptions I have had for potentially addictive pills. I just declined to fill the prescriptions, and dealt.

People have to also have personal responsibility and pain is part of life.

lili

I don't know how much Dr Drew makes off of these celebrities but his show has turned into a freak show. Does he really care about their sobriety?

By taking a room full of egotisitical drug addicts & expecting them to recover in a few short weeks is beyond pathetic. Pitting egos against egos on national television is atrocious for mental health, but needed for ratings.

Dr Drew ought to be ashamed of himself.

Chas

Those who are saying that Dr. Drew Pinsky isn't a real doctor are dead wrong. He is a board-certified Internist (a Medical Doctor of Internal Medicine) and an Addiction Medicine specialist. He graduated from the University of Southern California School of Medicine in 1984. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California, and was formerly the Medical Director for the Department of Chemical Dependency Services at Las Encinas Hospital in Pasadena, California, a staff member at Huntington Memorial Hospital, and a private practitioner. His primary job is treating people with addictions; the TV and radio gigs are what he does after he leaves the office(s).

Chas

Those who are saying that Dr. Drew Pinsky isn't a real doctor are dead wrong. He is a board-certified Internist (a Medical Doctor of Internal Medicine) and an Addiction Medicine specialist. He graduated from the University of Southern California School of Medicine in 1984. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California, and was formerly the Medical Director for the Department of Chemical Dependency Services at Las Encinas Hospital in Pasadena, California, a staff member at Huntington Memorial Hospital, and a private practitioner. His primary job is treating people with addictions; the TV and radio gigs are what he does after he leaves the office.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments