'Camp Rock 2' Star -- I SNAPPED My Shin Bones

6/2/2011 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Disney star who survived a horrifying motorcycle crash in Malibu last week needed multiple surgeries to fix his right shin bones ... which snapped during the crash and broke through his skin.

0601_frankenleg_launch_EX_v3
TMZ spoke to Matthew "Mdot" Finley's rep, Eric Ortner, who tells us the 23-year-old star of "Camp Rock 2" has already undergone THREE surgeries to reposition and stabilize his right tibia and fibula bones.

Doctor's are using screws, pins and all sorts of metal contraptions to help keep the leg together -- check out the pics in the gallery.

We broke the story ... Finley lost control of his Ducati while driving on a windy road in Malibu last Thursday and fell 100 feet off a cliff.

sonny

1st

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

OW!

Me

"which snapped during the crash and broke through his skin".

Why not just say compound fracture?

coco

break a leg!

THIN LIZZY

Too much bike for you son. that road next, to Laurel Canyon, is perfect for teaching you how to down shift and learn how to tap the brakes. A lot of people just don't know how to ride bikes.

Bruce

That is the one that hurts...imagine being kicked in the shin everytime you move. Get Well

Ziggy

this is why I hate bikes. Everyone I have ever known that drove one ended up like that. Even people that had driven for years...it's not just how you drive, but the idiot drivers in cars that cut you off. If you ride a bike sooner or later you will end up with bolts and rods holding your bones together.

Kàt

ohhhhhhh that does nottttttttttttttttt look good. The photo makes my stomach twirl a bit. ICK!

Sam

Yikes @ the 100 foot free fall.

Glad he only (I realize his leg is totaled but still) suffered a really badly messed up limb as well as what sound like minor-moderate injuries to his head and face.

Enjoy the pain meds Matthew.

Ginger

Ouch! Poor guy. Hope you are better soon. Like Sam said, enjoy the meds.

jabby

I would have to be connected to a morphine drip!

LaVerne

That is the whitest leg on a black man, that I've ever seen....

TheYellowRanger

@ Ziggy:

No offense intended, but your attitude is common of people who like to blame inanimate objects for mistakes make by people. Most people who take up riding have no idea of what they're doing and as a result, often pay the price with injury and sometimes death. The odd thing about this attitude in our culture towards motorcycles is that automobile accidents cause FAR and AWAY more deaths and injuries than motorcycles ever could, simply because automobiles outnumber motorcycles more than 100 to 1.

I write a blog dedicated to motorcycle safety and information, with the intent of changing negative stereotypes about riders. Check it out:

MIDNIGHT TOKER

strange ..most people only have 1 chin bone in each leg.

NurseSnookie

except that's his left leg