Rihanna's 'Murder' Video Draws Fire

6/1/2011 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Parents Television Council is blasting Rihanna for hawking a "cold, calculated execution of murder" in her brand new music video for "Man Down."

0601_pts_rihanna_EX_04

The council is outraged that Rihanna would suggest that gunning down a rapist in a crowded train station is a proper form of justice.

Another watchdog group ... "Industry Ears" says, "If Chris Brown shot a woman in his new video and BET premiered it, the world would stop. Rihanna should not get a pass ..."

0601_rihanna_video_tmz

The PTC is all the more outraged that Rihanna tweeted her fans that the video contained, "a very strong underlying message 4 girls like me."

The council's venom is also directed at BET for airing the video -- so we gotta ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

Jackie

JUST DISTURBING. I HATE TO SEE BLOOD.

en Todo Momento!!

maybe the ptc is just so full or rapists, that they find this message!! offensive!!! it is a message of a very real and very widespread, collective feeling of powerlessness of having been the victim of rape. how can you condemn a FEMALE!! A WOMAN! for expressing the hurt and pain of billions of helpless and defenseless women worldwide? ptc has got to be a mob of rapists, otherwise they would have just kept their traps shut. probably headed by a male, i'm sure...go figure...

Cooper

holy crap, Marie....

will

i love the song hate the video

Shread

Girlfriend needs a new gimmick because Lady Gaga has already used up whats left from Madonna.
RiRi's butt is getting bigger and the fan base patience is getting thinner because the talent just isn't there. She blows.

cezanne

Ever since her Chris Brown incident, she seems to have become extremely violent, sexual and provocative in her videos. S&M for example - not exactly what I would promote after getting my ass beat down.

GEL

While I can understand what a woman who has been abused may feel like doing to her abuser...putting this in a video, in a sense, condones murder. She absolutely should not get a pass because they are right, if Chris Brown did the same style of video...only lets say he gunned down his cheating girlfriend the media would be all over him, there'd been an outrage over it. This is just as wrong.

Mickey Markoff

"Nothing appealing in this video for me, either thematically or musically. The best thing that I can say about it is that the cinematography is very good.

that being said, two wrongs don't make a right!"

messenger69

It Sure is a DIRTY BUSINESS!!

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

damn this skank is starting to get on my phkn nerves....she aint that talented...heard much better singers...its that she cant get by on talent alone so she has to become a nasty seleazebag to sell whatever it is she's selling...to me shes just some whore tramp that chris brown beat the chit out of!

Michelle

I can't believe the words are leaving my fingertips, but I agree with the PTC on this one.

Jessica Witmer

Hopefully, this will put an end to Rhianna's 15 minutes of fame. Maybe she will finally go away. This is a girl who says this video will send a message for girls like her, yet she befriends and follows her abuser on Twitter. The girl is an idiot.

Stotle

Did no one listen to the lyrics! Omg I swear the PTC is full of dumbasses

Stupid People Hater

Although I hater Rihanna I tend to not care about this stuff too much. It is for a music video and black doing music videos are all about murder, rape and things of that nature.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments