Fire Destroys the Home of Country Star Trace Adkins

6/4/2011 5:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Tennessee home of country music star Trace Adkins was destroyed by a fire this afternoon, but everyone in the home got out safe.

0604_trace_adkins_bn_WSMV
A babysitter was home with the children at the time of the fire. Adkins' wife Rhonda told WSMV the family had a fire plan in place.

Rhonda was not home at the time and Trace is traveling to Alaska.

Brian Goss, the Asst. Fire Chief for the Brentwood Fire & Rescue Dept., tells TMZ the fire started in the garage and spread up the walls and to the attic -- but the cause was not yet known.

There was one injury that was somewhat related to the fire. A neighbor rushed over to help save the family dog -- and the dog bit him. The neighbor was taken to the hospital and is expected to recover just fine.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

huzrgrl1989

There are some very sick people commenting. The reality is, rich or poor, these are people who just lost their home and personal possessions; some of which are irreplaceable, I am sure. I don't know the man personally, but everything that I have seen of him indicates he is a good human being. I am sorry that he lost his home and that his children and their babysitter/nanny had to deal with this trauma. I am glad everyone is safe.
I am hoping that all these people who are posting negative comments never have something as devistating as a fire, flood, or tornado destroy their homes; and if they do, I almost hope that someone says some of the nasty things to them as they are saying now.

eyewatcher

Doubt if the neighbor wanted to "cash in"....not like the neighbor ain't already rich and what a thing to say!! Rich has NOTHING to do with a fire. Something else IGNORANT to be said. If anything, it is worse. Don't you know that there were things in that house that are NOT replaceable....like maybe albums, awards, etc. Just glad everyone and the dog are okay. Good idea to keep a fire plan in place. Way to go, Rhonda!!

Meme

I saw this house on one of the "cribs" shows...he built that house himself and I am sure his heart his breaking. Thank God no one got seriously injured!! Godspeed to the entire Adkins family!

Lesli Riggins

I had the Preacher at the church say a prayer yesterday. Very sad, he is a nice and good guy. I had the honor of meeting him. Nashville has the warmest and nicest country stars I have ever met. I love living in Nashville.

joyce nelson

Hello Trace, This is joyce Nelson from roger dean chevrolet in west palm beach florida where you did your commercial. Im so sorry to hear what happened to your house, Thankful your family our all safe. your friend Joyce nelson, Receptionist at roger dean chevrolet.

Just Me

First, my thoughts are with the family. Glad to hear everyone is safe, including the dog. There have been a few comments regarding then dog bite...really?? Why would someone, who clearly doesn't need money, risk his life to save the family pet unless he was genuinely concnerned for the dog. Have you have ever seen a dog, stuck in a fire, they react about the same as a human would, who hasn't been trained on what to do. They panic and they are scared, which in this case resulted in biting the rescuer, not because the dog is vicious, but rather because it was scared. Trace built the house, anyone who takes that much pride in what he does, isn't going to burn it down, like he really needs the insurance money. There are some nasty RUMORS being insinuated in these comments, but they are just that, based on nothing but what appears to be hate.
Again, I'm glad all involved are safe.

steve

i wish he was in the house i think the stars & bars are a disgrace to the united states

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5