'X Factor' to Cheryl Cole: For Money, Not Love

6/5/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources at "X Factor" tell TMZ ... FOX and Fremantle (the producers of the show) are trying to get Cheryl Cole back on the program, a week after giving her her walking papers ... but it's more about the bottom line than about loving Cheryl.

0604_cheryl_cole_getty_exd
Our sources say when producers told Cheryl she wasnt right for the U.S. version of "X Factor," they tried to put her on the UK version of the show. Cheryl's managers wanted £2.5 million and producers thought it was too much, so the deal went south.

We're told Cheryl was due to get paid around $1.5 million for the U.S. show -- about what Paula Abdul and LA Reid are making -- but she has not decided whether to accept and come back.

The whole situation becomes even messier when you take into account Nicole Scherzinger -- who was originally hired as a host, but was moved to being a judge when Cheryl was axed. Her position on the show now seems to be up in the air.

Our sources say Cheryl's deal with the U.S version is "pay or play" -- meaning she gets paid whether she does the show or not. We're told execs at FOX -- and especially at Fremantle -- dont want to lose the money ... so it's better to have her on the show than not.

MoonDust

yes, lol, I had spent most of my 05-08 life in the UK, I just dont care for her behavior with that bathroom attendant, that really speaks volume of her as a real person. But yes I used to live in Stansted

drew

Mary, what do they call black people in England? I was making a joke about the whole politically correct environment we live in over here.

drew

Moonie, what kind of success rate do the artist have from American Idol ?

MoonDust

Drew aren't you british?

MoonDust

LOL I love how you call me Moonie lol again

anonymous_cool

@ Drew

you're comparing apples to oranges there. American Idol acts are not signed to Simon Cowell's label. They are signed to different labels from RCA to Interscope...etc. In fact, I was being generous when I said a success rate of about 43%. Since Matt Cardle's album is not out yet, the success rate is actually 33%.

And seeing that Leona Lewis' "Echo" album did not do as well, the success rate should actually be lower.

adelle

edit: I didn't say cheryl was racist or not one way or the other I actually didn't give an opinion on the subject. Now quit seeing things that aren't there you dummy.

drew

Moon poop, I am a proud white guy from New Jersey in the the USA. I like to look beyond my borders and see what else is out there. Let me ask you something, if you were in a confined area and someone who was bigger than you came charging at you what would you do ( Assume that you weren't expecting it ) From what I saw Cheryl threw one punch at her attacker which resulted in a black eye. I also believe that she would have done the same thing if the attacker was white.

ghfghfg

I am speechless. I will never look at life the same way again.

Rain

Cheryl Tweedy knows by experience that sucking Simon's **** can get you far..It has done wonders for her life and career. Now she gets to be on US X Factor which she'll use as a stepping stone to raise her profile in America to then jumpstart her music career here. I'm sure they both see their agreement as win-win thing for both.

dimes

I suppose if she has zero self-esteem and is in need of cash, she might agree. But why would she allow herself to be manipulated if she can take the cash and run?

Sky

re: " But why would she allow herself to be manipulated if she can take the cash and run?"

Cause she wants to be on the show. She is desperate in becoming a huge star in America. But bottom line is that she was never fired. It all a PR stunt from Simon to attract attention for his show.

dimes

But if she's on the show now, her inadequacies will be front and center. She can't sing, so how can she mentor singers? This is just a ploy from the production company to save some cash and get some publicity. After her one year contract is up, they'll get rid of her. It's just delaying the inevitable. Who wants to be famous for being pitied? Someone with no self-worth.

drew

Anonymous-cool they are actually signed to x19 Entertainment. Which was owned / controlled by the owner of American Idol until he sold out to the owner of Elvis Presley Graceland. Simon Fuller is still involved with the new company as he is the CEO and he has a seat on the board.If you want to sound like you know what you are talking about, PLEASE get your facts straight.

jay

racist or not. she is a violent white trash no body. take a look at the bathroom attendants face, post bathroom beating. go back to the UK tweedy.