US Airways Flight 1549: Memba It?

6/5/2011 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger piloted US Airways Flight 1549 and averted disaster by safely landing the plane in the Hudson River. Guess what that plane looks like now!

0605_MEMBA_airplane

moso

only ignorant people would think this was because he ran out of gas or say that any pilot could have done this. An EXPERIENCED PILOT could do this. See if your puddle jumper pilot could do this and not break the plane. Just keep flying those commuters to save money. They need all of the hours they can get. It's only your life.. Not much else...I guess it's money for the company since they pay those guys NOTHING!!!! You get more as a manager at McDonalds!!!

Nick

After being deluged with faux heroes, Sully was the real thing. He got all of his passengers out and then went back into the plane to make sure. After years of Arnolds, he is truly refreshing.

RonBurgundy

I just got home from work safely.
I landed my car in my garage. I am a hero!

Hero's are soldiers, doctors, child welfare workers...Not pilot's and bus drivers....

Yep, landing a plane in the Hudson is real miracle...becuase that's what the News said it was...Follow the leader, dummies?

Sully is a putz. ....and an awful pilot.

Brer Rabid

When you people trash Sully, you are only showing your ignorance. Every other ditching equals DEATH for someone, maybe ALL. That Sully pulled this off shows a lot of skill and a little good fortune. Sully is a hero to everyone who has sat behind the yoke of any aircraft. He may not be a hero to those who are totally ignorant of piloting an aircraft.

Brer Rabid

After reviewing my last post, I see that this place is populated by morons. Some dipstick is saying he ran out of fuel! Yeah, just took off two minutes earlier with empty tanks. Maybe you superior-brained toadies should be piloting *all* our commercial aircraft... we'd have a marked decrease the libtard moron population pretty quick! That would ASSURE Little Black Bambo's defeat in 2012.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2