Witherspoon

ATTACKS Kardashian ... and Lively?

6/6/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

OK, she didn't use her name -- but it was obvious at the MTV Movie Awards last night, Reese Witherspoon HATES everything Kim Kardashian stands for -- from the sex tape to the reality show.
060611_reese_witherspoon_still

As Reese accepted the "Generation Award," she told the crowd, "I just wanna say to all the girls out there, it's cool to be bad, I get it ... but it's also possible to make it in Hollywood without a reality show."

She added, "When I came up in this business, if you made a sex tape, you were embarrassed and you hid it under your bed and if  you took naked pictures of yourself on your cell phone, you hide your face."

Was that a shot at Blake Lively?

Reese Witherspoon MTV Movie Awards

maggie

Class Act!!

stevenjaba

you GO girl!!! She is now my hero.

washout22

You gotta love this woman. Integrity + morals = love and respect

SantaFeJack

You can wrap up a sex tape and nude photos in all sorts of glitz and glamour, but they are still a sow's ear! Thanks, Reese!

Teacher's Pet

It's refreshing to see an A-list star speak the truth and to think about her children and the roles she will play. Team Reese!!!!

jabby

She's right but she needs to step down off her soapbox. Heck, MTV started the reality show business and she has no problem holding their award.

Dr. Suess

CLASS ACT! SHE is a true role model. Her talent got her where she is. Unlike talentless Kim and Paris who slutted their way to Hwood. Good for you Reece! You are a gem!

lauren lipkin

also im pretty sure she called out vanessa hudgens to.

stacey

I really don't think her comment about naked photos was directed at Blake. It was probably just a general comment to any actress who did the act, but the person I immediately thought of was Vanessa H. Either way, way to go Reese!!! More actresses should point that out to the younger stars getting into the business or trying to!

EyeCandy

Ray J MADE Kim Kardashian!! She was NOTHING before their sex tape. He should get 15% of everything she makes.

Maria

Finally someone says somthign about that hoe bag kim!!!

Liam

It's about time someone called out those "stars."

Steph

Reese Witherspoon is awesome

Jay

I hate them too

jack-55d79

I think she's right, broadly, but the premise of it is that all of those celebrities wanted their nudity public. I'd argue that some of those could have been exploiting a bad situation, rather than deliberately leaking the pictures for fame. Although I don't know enough about the specifics. In the case of Blake Lively it seems fairly obvious it wasn't deliberate because I don't see in which way she has benefited from or exploited 'fake' Blake Lively. It looks like a headache for her. So to imply they were released for fame is a bit cheap, in that specific case.

Leaked nude pictures/sex videos have lost their impact because it has happened so often. It's not quite the scandal it used to be. I think people are a bit more grown up about it. Kind of "another leaked video/pics. Yawn". So I think Reese Witherspoon is sending an important message that talent rather than gimmicks is important, and she is, when she gets the chance, a brilliant actress.